Pictures from the VA State Little League Tourney

BigD4VT

I shot a lot of pictures during the 9-10 year old tournament but I'm just now going through them. I'll start with the 3 below and add more over the next week or so. Some are better than others but all were shot through a chain link fence which makes a few of them look strange.

I wish I had field access like the "Pro" who walked around the field taking snapshots for an inning or two each game then proceeded to sell them at $15 for an 8x10.

For anyone who likes baseball I highly recommend the 11-12 year old tournament that starts tomorrow. I was floored by how talented the 9-10 year olds were. They were a lot of fun to watch.

4af.jpg

af9.jpg

27c.jpg

I hadn't noticed that before. Would've been nice if Bristol or Tazewell could have won the tournament as they were the only teams from this side of Roanoke. The team that did win it was SYA East from Centerville. They were untouchable.

Tazewell won their game but I don't know the score. I was watching Big Stone Gap and Virginia Beach on the other field. The new field (as nice as it is) is tough for taking pictures through the fence.

Tazewell lost 6-4 in 7 innings. Great game. Treston Earley pitched into the fourth, relieved by Ryan Hankins. Tazewell hit four solo homeruns today, giving them nine for the first two games. They went to the top of the seventh inning tied 3-3, but several errors combinrd with a few hits allowed 3 runs to score for Fort Run. Tazewell got a run in the bottom of the seventh inning on a 270 foot home run by Ryan Hankins, his second of the game. Tazewell plays Sunday at 5:30 against Bennett Creek. A win should get them to single elimination bracket play on Monday. Tazewell is representing District 11 very well, and I believe is one one the strongest teams there. Huge crowd today. It was nice to see so many out to support them.

Are you sure it wasn't 8 innings? I could have swore it was.

Tazewell really has some power. One of those home runs cleared the RV parked at Magic Mart.

That was a huge crowd. I had a hard time finding a spot to take pictures from. I still got some good shots though and I'll post some of them tomorrow.

I think you are right. It was 8 innings. Fort Run has a good ballclub. Tazewell is right there with any team there though. Given a second chance, I think they would beat them. It isn't often that you will see 4 solo home runs in one game. It was Tazewell's year in the district, winning the 9-10,11-12,and the junior league championships. I wish them luck the rest of the way. I know I will be there tomorrow to root them on. I was really impressed with the support today.

[ QUOTE ]

Tazewell lost 6-4 in 7 innings. Great game. Treston Earley pitched into the fourth, relieved by Ryan Hankins. Tazewell hit four solo homeruns today, giving them nine for the first two games. They went to the top of the seventh inning tied 3-3, but several errors combinrd with a few hits allowed 3 runs to score for Fort Run. Tazewell got a run in the bottom of the seventh inning on a 270 foot home run by Ryan Hankins, his second of the game. Tazewell plays Sunday at 5:30 against Bennett Creek. A win should get them to single elimination bracket play on Monday. Tazewell is representing District 11 very well, and I believe is one one the strongest teams there. Huge crowd today. It was nice to see so many out to support them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it Ryan Hankins or Justin Hankins that is playing this year that hit the homeruns, I thought Ryan played 2 years ago and Justin was his younger brother on the team this year.

little league baseball(as well as all other youth baseball organizations) changed the date to determine league age this year. The date is now april 30, used to be august 1. that rule change could have allowed a youngster to have another year of eligibility. for example, a player born may 20th could have played last year as a 12 year old, and played again this year as a 12 year old with the new age determination date.

Tazewell won today 7-2 over Bennetts Creek. They play Monday at 11:30 AM against Big Stone Gap. Should be a great ballgame. At worst they are top eight in the state. They have their pitching lined out now. If they get by tomorrow, anything can happen. Dylan Crouse pitched a great ballgame today. They played great defense combined with timely hitting. Not the homeruns they hit the first two games, but they did what they needed to do. Ryan Hankins is the one hitting alot of homeruns for the 11-12 team. His younger brother Justin played on the 9-10 team for Tazewell. Continued good luck to Tazewell, and we'll be there to keep rooting them on. Kudos to Richlands for putting on great tournament.

If they can get in the top 8 in the state then that would make 2 tazewell teams in the top 8 of the state...the jr league team finished in 5th place in covington a couple of weeks ago

Depending on how it goes Monday they have a legit shot at playing for the state championship and on their way to the nationals in williamsport. At least I think its monday by what one the girls I work with said her little brother plays.

[ QUOTE ]

would Tazewell have a chance of playing in the LLWS ..help me here fellas im a little confused?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I am not mistaken they would have to win state, then go to the Southeast regional in Flordia usually, if they win that tourny they then go to the Little League World Series Nationals in Williamsport, I think that is why the teams are usually called like South, Southeast, New England, because they won their regional tourny. Does that make sense? I know I may have just confused everyone and be totally wrong but thats the way it always was in the past