Incedent in Atlanta..

EH31

By STEVE WYCHE

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 08/15/06

Flowery Branch  Pads cracked, coaches got riled and tempers flared.

In the eyes of coach Jim Mora, that resulted in the Falcons having one of their best practices of training camp at the first of two workouts Monday.

"I loved the way they worked today," Mora said. "We had a little ruckus, which we hadn't had since the first week of camp. They're tired; they know camp is winding down, and they want to get their work in. These guys have a lot of pride. It was just a good, physical practice."

Two heated skirmishes occurred, the first between cornerback DeAngelo Hall and wide receiver Adam Jennings, the second involving a cluster of players  including Hall again  after tackle Todd Weiner and safety Lawyer Milloy tussled to the ground.

Hall didn't take part in the evening practice and had his left wrist and thumb bandaged.

They were pretty typical of training camp flare-ups, but these were seasoned with some hot sauce. Emotions carried over through several drills, in which high tempo and effort replaced tempers.

"It was intense," Mora said. "They were into it."

Possibly setting the tone, the Falcons broke out a new full-contact drill where coaches were relentless in their open critiques of players. Mora didn't say whether the drill was in response to some of the struggles defenders had getting off blocks in Friday's 26-23 victory over New England in the opening exhibition, claiming it was more, "to get the pads going."

D Hall plays with alot of fire. I remember him playing at VaTech I believe it was his freshman year at Pitt. He was on the punt team and leveled the returner after he had called for a fair catch. Stupid penalty, but you could tell it was an attempt to try and light a fire under the Tech team that was playing pretty crappy.

Ahh, another stab at VT because of the actions of a FORMER player. There are training camp scuffles throughout the NFL every year. That's what happens with competitive people sometimes. Doesn't make them thugs. Cocky maybe, but nobody ever said Hall wasn't cocky.

you look at tech over the past few years.they remind me of miami of the past.call it cocky or what ever you want, but there actions of the field the past few seasons got alot of people talking.been an awful lot of personal fouls lately.it seems this stems from being cocky then gettin showed up by someone and gettin mad.reacting in the wrong way.

Beamer is a good football coach, but maybe he pampers the kids too much off the field? In return they think they can do whatever they want in the real world.

listen man i played hs ball and know what its like to get fired up.but show it in a different way.there is no need to give gestures to the crowd or spit on people, get a cheap shot in on someone, dance around. that doesnt show much class.

[ QUOTE ]

Beamer is a good football coach, but maybe he pampers the kids too much off the field? In return they think they can do whatever they want in the real world.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's gotten into you BLU? You made a good point without insulting anyone [shocked}. I agree with you to a point. I think Beamer does pamper them them a little too much sometimes but I don't think it has anything to do with their actions after they leave Tech. Hall's in the NFL now and has an NFL coach. But in his case I don't see where he's done anything wrong. Athletic arrogance is not a crime.

[ QUOTE ]

listen man i played hs ball and know what its like to get fired up.but show it in a different way.there is no need to give gestures to the crowd or spit on people, get a cheap shot in on someone, dance around. that doesnt show much class.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree... but it doesn't make them thugs. Just undisciplined and hopefully you won't see any of that in Lane this year.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Hall is nothing but a thug, talent doesn't include class.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree totally. it seems like alot of tech players have this problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

This happens at all levels these players are tired of hitting on each other they are ready for the season to begin, But i find it funny how some of you judge people!!!

Im on of the biggest Falcons Fans there is and. D. Hall is not a thug he plays with this swagger if he gets beat or someone catches a pass on him he gets into this mode where he will do anything possible to not let it happen he wants to be the best there is in the NFL at CB. He is not a thug he just has the swagger "cocky" attidude and personally i like it if he can back it up its fine. He is far from a thug i have a really good friend that plays for Deep Creek the High School he came from and he says he talks to D.Hall alot and that he sees him alot too and he is kinda of dorky in person and has a really high pitch voice haha he isnt the kind of guy that goes out and gets into trouble far from it.