Carroll VS. Floyd

trigger

I hear that Carroll is completely loaded. Floyd has been surprising so far. Any thoughts on this opener. I hear that CC will be dropping Flod after this season. One last showdown. Floyd looked solid in all aspects of the game beating Cave Spring Friday night 28-10 in 3 quarters. The 4th was reserves only. Floyd will probably have to play tremendous ball to win at Carroll on Fri.

it should be a good match up between both teams. carroll is very good up front.. In both scrimmages the o line and d line have been very dominate. carroll's secondary is young but very fast they have been making alot of mistakes. it looks to me that they have 3 good backs to run the ball. i know floyd is usually very well coached and they have the running back from last year back and he ran all over carroll last year. i think the difference will be carroll's o line and d line and they should win but it will be close and if carroll dosent get the fumbles under control floyd will win

also i hate to see the end of this seris i know carroll liked to play floyd and it was always a good gate. but what i am hearing is that carroll is droping floyd to pick up another AA school i have heard pulaski but not for sure but they say they will never make the playoffs if they keep playing single A schools because of salem and pulaski coming into the region next year

Carroll has been making the playoffs when they have only a decent season as of late because there are not very many D4 programs in the region. Pulaski, Salem, and Blasckbug will change that next year. I think Floyd will be competitive on Friday night. Our line also has performed well against Marion and Cave SPring. If our qb can continue to get time, he may give your secondary a good test. Our running game has also been productive. I still say Carroll is the favorite especially since they have the home field.

[ QUOTE ]

Carroll is the favorite no matter who they play at home. lol

Everyone knows about that "home cooking" advantage they have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats so old

Seriously...get a new way to bash Carroll plz. I'm sure it wont take u guys long.

i mean, seriously, do you even have the slightest clue as to how officials associations operate? your ignorance points to "no." it's not like people are picked up off the streetcorner..the same guys you see in hillsville are the same guys you see other places and funny, you don't seem to complain about when they're there.

btw, eh, when'd you move across taz. co?

Guest Woolybugger

Carroll is replacing Floyd with Patrick County next two years. Grayson is the only A team they'll play, and that's because of the gate. Gotta build them libraries.

Actually they used to use refs from a different assoc.

It just recently changed in the last couple of years.

Those bozos called games like they could care less what calls they made to help carroll win. (or try to win)

It was pathetic to watch at times.

[ QUOTE ]

Carroll is replacing Floyd with Patrick County next two years. Grayson is the only A team they'll play, and that's because of the gate. Gotta build them libraries.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they want to build libraries, they would keep Floyd and stay away from Patrick. I have a feeling, it's to get more points. Floyd is usually much better than Patrick. It's better to beat a sorry AA team, then lose to a good A team. I think that's what they're thinking....

True! Also, Floyd and Carroll is surely a much better gate then Grayson. Of course Floyd has beaten Carroll 4 out of teh last seven years were as Grayson gets pounded by Carroll every year. Yeah, they play Grayson and get the easy points. Who wants to get beat by your rival who is half your schools size?

Guest Woolybugger

[ QUOTE ]

If they want to build libraries, they would keep Floyd and stay away from Patrick. I have a feeling, it's to get more points. Floyd is usually much better than Patrick. It's better to beat a sorry AA team, then lose to a good A team. I think that's what they're thinking....

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was saying. Patrick is for points. Grayson is for gate. Floyd is also a decent points game because of potential rider points, but bigger is better in VHSL's eyes. Also, Floyd is a good gate, but Grayson is bigger.Trust me.

you guys are so gay. All I ever hear about is how the refs help our boys win. I never hear about how they work their a$$ off in the off season and during the season. They are coached by one of the best coaching staffs around. So back off and let the students play the game on the field and stop bashing them on the boards like a bunch of sorry rednecks that do not have a life.

lol its hilarious how people put carroll down. we cant be known for outstanding play in any sport. and no carrolls football team is moving on to bigger and better teams. we have one single a team we play which probly wont be there in couple years. we have been to the play offs 4 times. in the passed 4 years. we have only lost one home game in the past 3 years. and that was to richlands if you didnt know were state runner ups last year. quit doggin on carroll its like you guys have nuttin better to do. and by the way we physically beat floyd worse than the score board said. we didnt allow any defensive touchdowns. one was a kick off return which we do need to work on special teams. and one was a fumble on offense which we are having problems with. but remember there is always room for improvement so get a life and get a new subject to talk about. you all act like carroll sucks at all sports you guys know good and well tha isnt true. we are smaller than just about any team we play. but we are more physical stronger and faster also.