Dawgs vs Maroons

Bulldogs52

who will win the highlands  

1. 1. who will win the highlands

Losing Davis hurts them a bunch, but last year it was the GW defense (not Davis) that beat Tazewell. The lose of LBs Trey Smith and Kenny Suthers probably hurts GW more against Tazewell. The game is at GW this year also. Should be a great game.

Guest old_school

After watching Tazewell in their preseason games and seeing GW at the Grid, Tazewell should come away with a victory. The speed just isn't there for GW this year. Contain #25 out of the backfield and the running game got shut down. Passing for GW was a no show in the grid but the QB was running for his life most of the time. He took some hard hits in the scrimmage with Graham and I think Tazewell will be able to get through the line in much the same way as Graham.

You make good points, but even though we strive to win every game, playing good quality programs will only help GW get better to compete in the Hogoheegee District. This team should get better each week as some of the inexperienced players gain experience. The senior class has only lost two games their entire high school careers, including one in the playoffs to state champion Giles. They do know how to win, they just have to get it together sooner than later.

DUDE NO QUESTION MAROONS ALL THE WAY. AND THE ONLY REASON THEY HAVE A CHANCE IS B/C OF NUMBER 45!!! I FORGET HSI NAME ITS LIKE DAYKO OR D SOEMTHING. I KNOW IT STARTS WIT A D BUT HE WILL LEAD THE O THIS YEAR AND GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE.

i totally agree with skydusky. The boys name is daio (i think) but he is the real deal. he hasnt had much playing time but he deserved it. Its kinda hard following Davis liek that and not gettin got play will really hurt him, but hes got the skill to get it done. Predicting 2 td's from this kid. i just hope he can live up to the hype!

go maroons

Guest old_school

I still say the speed that Tazewell has on defense will give GW problems in this game. I base this solely on what I saw at the Grid-O-Rama. MT View stopped GW and Graham stopped them by bringing pressure up front and I see Tazewell doing the same. Don't think for a moment that Tazewell doesn't have speed this year. Their attitudes may get in the way but they have some talent.

Actually, this is supposed to be a rebuilding year for GW, they lost a lot from last year. They'll make a lotta noise in the next couple of years with a bit more experience, kinda young but talented. I've seen them picked low as 3rd or 4th in the Hogo this year by some of the so called "experts". I believe the BHC picked them as 2nd in the Hogo, if the Bristol paper does'nt pick them to win the district, you can bet they're down some.