CarrollCavs78

trigger

Carroll is a very solid team. However, I disagree with your entire post on the "scores thread". CArroll dominated the game? Do you not remember the drive where Floyd would have scored if it had not been for a flag on 1st and goal. Floyd moved the ball well at times. I thought we did very well against a solid team. Also, Carroll sloppy? The cavs had 1 fumble which we returned for a td. That's it. You guys never botched a hand off. I thought you guys looked great for the first game. However, what's the deal with your coach leaving the starters in at the end of the fourth after FLoyd pulled theirs out. Not too mention going for it on 4th and 2. Throwing a pass. Trying to run up the score? Poor sportsmanship. Why not get the backuops some reps. Why try to score again? Also, the Cavs must have had man #12 running the clock because he let 20 seconds wind down after a change of possesion. Good thing the refs fixed that one. Of course they missed it when Floyd called Timeout and he ran 10 seconds off. All of this was right before half when Floyd was threatening to score. A score that would have made it 14-14 at half. But, that's right, you guys dominated. Please!

Do you remember that penalties are part of the game? That when an offensive lineman jumps that it is illeagal! Floyd still had 4 downs to score if I recall...and by the way they didn't score because as you said yourself carroll's defense was to stout! You can say all you want. Floyd committed penalties and turnovers. The first turnover was and interception on first down after another good kick-off return...not a drive...the second turnover was a fumble after a good hit in the 4th qt...this turnover did occur on the only drive that you had all night. As for being unsportsmanlike ...this is a joke! The cavaliers where simply going to run out the clock! The TB in the game was the 2nd team TB and when the game ended carroll could have elected to run another play...since they had another down to use but elected to let the game end...it was not 4th down. It is people like you that really don't know what they are talking about and don't give all the facts correctly that makes me feel really sad...both teams played a good hard,clean football game and the officiating had no effect on the game at all. Both teams had 4 or 5 penalties each and Carroll had a TD called back if you recall. When you give only one side of the facts it sure makes you look somewhat like an A--. It is obvious that you are a big Floyd fan...this is great...but don't bash the coach the officials or the clock operator because our fans get on here and state opinions about their team. I haven't seen anything negative at all...until you of course. And when is not taking out starters in a game with the score 27-12 with 5+ minutes remaining considered unsportsmanlike. If Hale wanted to run up the score beleive me he would have. But since I have been watching the cavs over the last 10 to 12 years the only coach to try and run up the score was Haynie and I beleive that was against Floyd in 97 and Fort Chiswell in 97. I also remember several problems with the clock operator at some Floyd home games against Giles and Carroll in 99. Wasn't that the year Floyd played for a State championship....ahhh....I wonder if this helped them at all.

2 things. #1 I never complained about the officiating. #2 Floyd had more than one drive. Do you not remember Floyd getting down to the 2 yard line. Also, We had some great runs in the 4th that took the ball down the field not a kickoff return. Then we fumbled. 2 different opinons which is usually the case in high school football. If you are trying to say that I am arguing the false starts and the holding penalties then you are crazy. All of that happened. By the way, if your lineman did not hold, Singelton would have been tackled in the backfield instead of scoring a td. It was plain to see on our side of the field. That's why they throw the flags! you can't take credit for a td if you were illegally assisted to get there. You and the Roanoke Times need to understand this.

Don't worry about Carroll this year. Once they face some "real" teams like Graham, Richlands and Tazewell they will be brought back down to reality in a big way.

(Remember last years score vs. Graham??)

Anyway, i'm sure you guys have a good team again this year. Just not at the top of the SW district.

And you do get to host Graham so that could be interesting.

Good luck to everyone else except the 3 teams mentioned above.

[ QUOTE ]

Don't worry about Carroll this year. Once they face some "real" teams like Graham, Richlands and Tazewell they will be brought back down to reality in a big way.

(Remember last years score vs. Graham??)

Anyway, i'm sure you guys have a good team again this year. Just not at the top of the SW district.

And you do get to host Graham so that could be interesting.

Good luck to everyone else except the 3 teams mentioned above.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, "real" teams like Richlands...remember last year's score??? Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it...

A win is a win is a win. Doesn't matter if the score is 99-0 or 7-6.

And yes, i do remember the score between Richlands and Graham last year.

30-0

Now Graham must have been one of those "real" teams last year. My bad.

With you guys having to go to Carroll this year i wouldn't be surprised if Carroll won that game to be quite honest.

[ QUOTE ]

A win is a win is a win. Doesn't matter if the score is 99-0 or 7-6.

And yes, i do remember the score between Richlands and Graham last year.

30-0

Now Graham must have been one of those "real" teams last year. My bad.

With you guys having to go to Carroll this year i wouldn't be surprised if Carroll won that game to be quite honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to pull a "Richlands" on you on that one...but our starting QB was hurt for that game...I remember the playoff game where you guys barely escaped with a win...I know your butthole was puckered up real tight for quite a while that night...

Actually, like i said a win is a win. Nice making ewxcuses though. Wonder if he will be "hurt" again for this years game??

It was closer. But the scoreboard was in Richlands favor. Sorry to have to break it to you.

And they got to play 2 more games while graham went home and got ready for b-ball.

GMan, don't you think having seven linemen out is worth mentioning in a discussion about the team's performance in a scrimmage? Shouldn't fans be able to mention that fact without you inventing the term "Pull a Richlands". Like Parsons has already said, put your seven best linemen on the bench and see how you do against Bluefield.

hmmm as i recall...the last game with Richlands in the Playoffs where it matters was 19-13 so they most not be unstoppable...and keep thinkin its gonna be a Richlands blow out...look what happened when everyone thought the same for Graham-Beaver...came up and bit them in the @$$

No one is agruing that there was a penalty on the TD that carroll had called back...the point is the penalty was called which negated the TD...hope you know what that means!The Roanoke Times had it down pretty straight forward...Carroll rushed for over 340 yds and had like 21 first downs to Floyd's 4 first downs...and yes you were competely dominated by the better team. You had tops 2 drives. The first ended in a goalline stand by carroll's defense which was aided by a penalty and a tackle for loss if I recall and the other was in the 4th qt which ended at about carroll's 30 because of a fumble. Goodbye and good luck I am moving on to next week.

Actually the regular season means a just a little bit. You know regular season title, getting home field advantage, etc.

That is kinda nice to get.

Nobody said it was going to be a blowout. I would prefer a closer game. Blowouts aren't very entertaining to watch.

Hi Trigger...thanks for making my name the name of your post...any exposure is good exposure!

But Carroll did play a little sloppier than i would have liked

We fumbled 2 or 3 times in the game i can recall of 2...one u guys returned for a TD and the other was at the last moment of the game. And as for us not showing sportsmanship? WoW...just Wow...sure we didnt put in ALL the second string b/c we werent up by 50...the score was 27-12...so why the hell would we put in the second string yet...rather than do that coach put in some of the 10th and 11th graders that he wants to get in some reps so yes some of them but not all of them were out there. Carroll's Defenese DID dominate the game how else do u explain the 0 points that Floyd's offense put up on the board?

And for whoever said that Carroll will come back down to Earth after we face a "Real" team...I just have to laugh at that...who ever said we were flying high? Congrats we just beat a medieoker(sp) single A team...thats not much to cheer about. I cant recall a single time that a carroll player or fan got on here and bragged so i really dont see where u were even coming from...and for saying were arent a top team in the SWD! We have almost everyone coming back losing maybe 3 or 4 seniors from last year. Last year were were the only team to score a TD on richlands...and when we lost 6-7 it was a heartbreaker and the guys gave up against Graham...even though i know its in the past and u can wish and hope all u want but i belive last year had we beaten Richlands...maybe in overtime had we made the xp...i think we go on to beat Graham and go undefeated in the SWD finshing #1...

Every year SOME people on these forums bash carroll for what ever reason whether it be their refs or saying they shouldnt be in the SWD...just think that this year...having 14 experienced and talented Seniors...this will be the year we surprise a few people...

Welp, see u guys later i have to go to school frown.gif