Bland - Pocahontas ATM

Lobster

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pocy's D played a pretty solid game. All they had to stop was the run though. BC only threw the ball twice. Still, BC managed 250 yards on the ground. I think Pocy gained less than 10 yards rushing altogether. The muddy, sloppy conditions really slowed up the fast guys for BC. The big guys up front for Pocy did a good job. As a team, the biggest difference I see in Pocy this year (versus the last few years) is the defense. They now know how to hit and go to the ball as a team. They really need to get a running game going though before they step up to the next level.

Both teams played well....but like u said the field made for bad running and from what im told pocy only has a few fast runners so the field made them slow.. But i congratulate bland on their win and better luck next time pocahontas

Lets be honest. Bland played a great football game but the goal line stand was anything but what the paper said. The Pocy quarterback fumbled the ball twice during that series in the exchange from center leaving it eight yards back. Then they failed to get it in. QB sneak on first down then two straight poor exchanges from center. Fourth down they ran a option and the HB literally reversed field after he had a seam. Not saying he would have scored but it would have been close. The paper also fails to say that the Pocy defense was on the field the whole night holding Bland series after series inside their own territory after poor offense and punting gave Bland excellent field position. I am sure Bland ran over 100 plays on offense. They had one legit score that occured at the end of the game from a excellent hole created on the left side. The first two scores were on 3rd and 22 and 3rd and 17, a ton of missed tackles and poor execution from the safety slot. Bland was and is the better team, but the statistics do not tell the whole story. Pocy ran the ball less than 10 times (no joke) for around 36 yards. They threw the ball over 50 times in a muddy monsoon and completed maybe 12. Awful offense and defensive break downs. Great game Bland and good luck! You guys are a very good program and well disciplined. Pocy needs to work harder next week and each player needs to step up and do their job offensively. When you have the ball in the redzone 6 times with first and goal and walk away with zero points. UGH!

Thomas Willis had two runs on 3rd and forever and that was it. Was not impressed. Pocy was the team hitting. Bland never had a chance to hit due to the fact that 72,000 or so passes fell incomplete or not within 30 yards of a receiver. Cmon people at least tell the truth. Bland did not fumble on the one it was more like the 30. Awful offense on behalf of the Indians period. The run was kept in check due to the offense calling a run play maybe 7 times the entire game and they had 36 yards rushing from those. 2 QB sneaks for 0 yards averaged in. Please just tell the truth neither team looked good at all. Pocy defense was the one bright spot in a awful game.

GEE WHIZ! I must have watched a different game! I guess the only thing that can beat Pocy IS Pocy.... Bland County lost to East Mont a few weeks back in OT after dominating them for 4 quarters. BC had 14 penalties for 130 yards and a bunch of turnovers which lead to a BC loss 17-14, but no-one from BC got on here and questioned the score claiming we were the better team. A loss is a loss. You got beat 3 TD's to none. If you choose to believe that BC's scores weren't legit and that Pocy was the best "hardhitting" defense out there, that's your opinion. You can have 11 guys hitting like Ray Lewis, but if they give up 3 TD's and can't punch it in themselves, at least admit it. If the BC/Pocy score was a fluke, Pocy has four more games to flex their muscle against the rest of the MED and prove what you say. The game is over and like it or not, Pocy got beat 18-0.

Lets see Bland flex their muscle. Like it or not season is over. I said that both teams looked awful and was simply wondering why everyone from Bland had such a foggy memory. The fumble occured between the 20 and 30 yrd line after a punt that netted I think 4 to 7 yards. Not on the 1 yard line after a long sustained drive. The first two scores occured on a 3rd and 22 and a 3rd and 16. Big plays not drives. No domination by either team. The last drive was well put together and seemed to be legit. I was expecting much more from two teams with 4-1 records. They both looked horrendous. Penalties, ugly blocking, poor reads, etc. Fact is I was giving Bland credit for the victory. Pocahontas couldnt have scored on anyone. They ran the ball 7-10 times all night. Passed 50 or so and completed maybe 12. Awful. Any team that passes in those weather conditions is rediculous. Secondly, held the running game in check. Pocy had about 29 yrds on 7 carries. Not 3 yards or whatever your claim is there. Maybe if you compile the sacks that may be true. I was just stating good game but be honest. As far as the hits go I never saw a pocy player leave the game after getting rocked. I did see quite a few bland players get KOed and rattled. By the way ask someone for a tape of the game, then maybe your story will have some merit. Bland won Pocy lost, both teams looked awful. Dont know how they found 8 teams to beat between them. Good luck... you'll need it.

Thomas Willis who had 124 yards and Morgan Harless who had 92 yards.

P.S. Thomas Willis: 2 big runs/very fast kid in open space. About 12 yrds outside of those two.

Morgan Harless: Padding stats? What number and are you sure he plays for Bland. The Willis kid was the show...Period. How many yards per carry?

Bland had around 100 plays on offense that results in about 2yds per play. If it wasnt for those two big plays one with less than 50 seconds remaining by Willis it would have been 0.4 yrds per carry.

Nice opinion.....but Pocy was only on the Bland end of the field because Bland Co. fumble so often. There were some big hits from Pocy but when the coaches came onto the field it was for cramps......that's why they were stretching them out........not for concussions as you would like everyone to believe. No one has drove the lenght of the field on Bland's defense all year. Bland is a young team that makes plenty of mistakes on offense and sets their defense up in a poor situations. Why don't you try finding another team in the state that starts 6 to 7 sophmores each week and has a winning record.....Good Luck with that. Both teams have a lot to be proud of; they are small in numbers and play their hearts out each week so why don't you cut them a break and go watch some other games that do not involve Bland Co or Pocy.

My favorite play of the game was when #6 for Pocy kicked #42 for BC in the leg late in the game after an incomplete pass and then got flagged for the 15 yard penalty. I've got that on tape, along with the rest of the game. That's some hard hitting there! WITH YOUR FEET! Good sportsmanship.

Here's my final word... On a terrible night with ankle deep mud and water, both teams (Offense and defense) looked sloppy. Both are much better in the dry, but since it wasn't dry both had to play with the hand they were dealt. Both teams had to put up with the same conditions, and Bland County scored 3 TD's and Pocy scored 0. At the end of the game, all that matters is the scoreboard. End of story.

Now i didnt see the hit completely but from what I was told by alot was the kid that hit #6 from pocy gave a punch or a slight shove to the right side of his body after the play...Now I dont quite agree with #6's actions after the hit but football is football,Your gonna get hit..and no matter what happens you just have to deal with it or face getting benched or thrown out...

I am the guy that got kicked, and didn't have time to punch him. The ref was right there. I asked if he liked getting shut out...and apparently he didn't. Got a SWIFT kick to the ankle to prove it!!

Running backs from Pocy totaled 30+ yards when they were allowed to run the ball. There were tackles for loss that subtracted from that total and thats the number the press gave out. Overall there were better adjustments made by Bland by getting the ball in the hands of Willis and aloowing him to try and make plays. There were no sustained drives by either team(expected do to the field conditions).