Carroll Co. 125 7 17.9

Magna Vista 107 6 17.8

Martinsville 99 6 16.5

Bassett 97 6 16.2

Abingdon 111 8 13.9

Tunstall 69 6 11.5

Lee 80 7 11.4

[/ QUOTE ]

You should follow your own advice...see my posts for the OFFICIAL VHSL RATINGS...

that's what i posted over on preps...but there's actually a flaw in that logic. if they lose all 3 (which they probably won't, but let's just assume)...all 3 of those losses will be against division 4 teams with at least 5 victories...which = points even if they lose. so abingdon may be in trouble all the way around unless they win their district. wins over teams like battle and ph-glade spring and losses against teams like honaker will certainly not help the falcons towards getting into the playoffs in this year or any other. obviously the piedmont teams have learned that in this small region we have now, they key is to schedule above average teams. for one it makes you better, but also it works towards getting you to the postseason.

[ QUOTE ]

yea but is abingdon really in second. what does the vhsl go by averages i believe. if the season ended today abingdon would not get in right or wrong. i am used to seeing averages not total points. i understand what you mean though and we appreciate your hard work because you let us know the ratings before anyone else. thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the points and tell me - is Abing. in 2nd or not?

The VHSL goes by averages at the END of the season - avgs. before that doesn't tell you a thing about the seeding. But the avg. after 10 games is the same numbers as the total points - you just move the decimal point.

"If the season ended today" is my pet peeve - I don't respond to those because that's not how it works.

"If the season ended today", then the Earth was probably destroyed, because football teams (at least this side of Richmond) play their scheduled games come hail or high water. "If the season ended today", we woundn't have a post-season.

So, anyway, here's what all the Piedmont teams are worth right now (l, w) :

Bass, Mag, Mart ( & Fleming) : 11, 24

Dan : 7, 17

Pat : 10, 23

Tun : 8, 18

Mag has Pat, BASS & Dan left : 134 + 10 + 11 + 7 = 162 min

Bass has MAG, Fleming & MART : 121 + 11 + 11 + 11 = 154 min

Mart has Pat, Tuns & BASS : 121 + 10 + 8 + 11 = 150 min

ANY win is worth at least 10 points.

An Ab. win puts them at 158; a loss at 145.

I'm not inc. ANY rider points - just the basic "gimme" points.

Either way, it'll be very tough to stay ahead of 'em all.

I'll run the scenarios after midnight Fri. and post details for Regions IV & D on my site Sat. morning, with III & C going up by Sunday morning.

1st - ratings are updates (but what does it matter - lots of games Sat.).

2nd - jham, don't make plans for Nov. 17th just yet.

I was looking at the possibilities based on points ONLY - forgot that Va. High hadn't won the district yet.

So I did a new set of numbers, and guess what I found -

if Va. loses to Lee, the Abingdon-Marion winner will be co-champs AND will get the automatic bid on power points over the 'Cats. No other games will matter, just those 2.