martinsville over magna vista

mhsalum

Of course it was on the road,Mavahi has never beaten MV at home.(That will change next year though!!)Great win for the Dogs, totally dominating the Warriors from the start of the game to the finish. If not for the 2 unsportsmanlike penalties on V. Hairston in the third quarter , MV would have never got close to scoring. Understand he will have to sit out next weeks game also,but it shouldn't hurt to bad against Dan River. Great win Mavahi, and to my Warriors regroup and get healthy in a hurry(down to about 25 able body players after tonight),there is still alot of season left to play!!

yea i was telling someone sitting nearby me that in the approximately 17-18 games or so the dogs and warriors have played in the history of the rivalry (including playoff games)....the visiting team had won close to 80% of those games. the dogs have several good sophs and juniors on the squad, but they'll lose a lot for next year...so i wouldn't chalk up that first home victory in the series for the dogs just yet.

The thing I liked about the Dogs tonite was the way they stayed focused for the entire game. Except for that brief spell in the 3rd when both sides became a bit mouthy towards one another it was a clean hard hitting game, with pretty good sportsmanship on both sides. Being a bit old school and also being very close to the action I can't understand why so much taunting of opponents and just outright vulgar language is used by the players on the field these days. The player from Mavahi was warned several times to stop before his ejection but continued. He wasn't the only one out there doing this,both sides were guilty, but he must have said the magic word to get tossed. Oh well, the last time Mavahi beat the Warriors was in 2001 in the regular season and then MV returned the favor in the 1st round of the regionals at Dan Greene, so I can only hope history will repeat itself!(Highly unlikely, but it could happen)LOL

i saw ya moving the chains down there...and then again briefly at wendy's if i'm not mistaken. both teams should easily make the playoffs though so that return game may definitely be a possibility

Martinsville does have a lot of seniors, but don't underestimate what will be left next year! Martinsville is always loaded with speed. Dunbar is a junior, #8 is a sophmore, Giles is a junior. Plus we will still have a strong line Tyree is a junior, Fitzgibbons is a junior, Brown is a junior. Plus we will have the QB's brother Cameron Greene #6 coming back. All I'm saying is the Bulldogs are going to remain strong. There wil be plenty of size and speed left!