Miami/FIU BRAWL!

Did not suprise me any the head coach of FIU was a starting QB at Va Tech . He probley showed his boys some of the fighten moves he learned in Blacksburg. both of them Fl teams should drop FB and take up Street Fighten.

[ QUOTE ]

Did not suprise me any the head coach of FIU was a starting QB at Va Tech . He probley showed his boys some of the fighten moves he learned in Blacksburg. both of them Fl teams should drop FB and take up Street Fighten.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew that was coming...

I highly doubt that.

First, this game is in Coral Gables against a Miami team that always seems to play Tech close, and I do believe Miami holds the edge over Tech, but I'm not a Big East historian, so I may be wrong.

Second, I don't think Virginia Tech has the athletes to compete with Miami. When both teams are equally well coached, athleticism often makes the difference.

Third, Miami will have all its players back (it appears very likely with today's Miami/ACC joint action), so the brawl will have little ramifications.

Fourth, Coker's job will be hangin' by a thread by this time, and I believe the team gives an overwhelmin' performance.

Miami: 34

Virginia Tech: 20

[ QUOTE ]

First, this game is in Coral Gables against a Miami team that always seems to play Tech close, and I do believe Miami holds the edge over Tech, but I'm not a Big East historian, so I may be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tech was 6-5 against Miami while they were in the Big East, and I think 2-1 in the ACC.

Dont get me wrong I hate the whole dang ACC! First I would like to say that Tech is awful this year. Sorry, but its true. Not at all the same team I sawlast year. Will dominate next year if the right decisions are made with the incoming talent: Tyrod Taylor is a man amoungst boys. Undersized yes, but so so fast, cannon for a arm, Mike Vick prototype. I will buy tickets to see this kid. I prayed BAMA could sway him. He will bring others if VT can keep from losing games they should not. Miami Fightwithcanes and The Criminols should become criminal institutions. They are always in the middle of something and a embarrasment to the NCAA. True alot of young kids like um but they havent grown up yet. Tutorsee, Criminols, and Miami need to be looked at for academic athletic standards. How can people graduate with a four year degree and not speak proper english when interviewed, nor read. It is a discrace to all, not just D1, institutes of higher learning. Not even to mention the lists and I mean LISTS of criminal charges against the players. Why are they not dismissed? Hmmmm. Double standard! A fight with FIU, good god what did they prove by that. I think they were angered because they only posted 35. P.S. Miami, people no longer think you are invincable. More fights on the horizon unless you learn to play football. There is no room in football for showing your a** at any level. Pop Warner to the NFL. That is what happens when you recruit thugs, you get thugs. Phil, Larry, Bowden Ill pray for ya (laugh)

There is only one team in the Coastal Division better than what it was last year, and that's Georgia Tech. Honestly, without Reggie Ball and Calvin Johnson, that team is easily 8-4/7-5. The Atlantic division is quite strong, though. Only Florida state is "down", and I'd take their "down year" right now, since Virginia is starin' down the barrel at 4-8, at VERY best, and I think, 3-9.

Virginia Tech is certainly not as good this year as last, for sure. Tyrod Taylor will be a beast, I believe, and for their sake, I hope they do get ahead enough to give him a chance.

Miami lost their invincibility for years in the Peach Bowl last year. I haven't seen a team get whipped like that in a while, and they flat out quit last year in that game. They're still athletic, and I think Coker will have his boys ready for Tech; I also believe they'll have a chip on their shoulders from this fight the rest of the year.

On the fight, it was a complete disgrace. Miami's thugs and FIU's lesser thugs totally embarrassed themselves. You used to see that kind of anger taken out during the play with monster hits, great blocks, and great tacklin', maybe a fist pump after you made a big play. The punishment definitely does not fit the crime. 1 player withheld from Miami and the rest on a one game suspension, which they'll serve against Duke, nonetheless. That's pathetic; Miami's practice squad could beat Duke. I think the ACC/NCAA should send a message, and dismiss all players involved for the remainder of the season, postseason included. That action was a shameful one, especially to Miami, with its history, and this one will take a long time to wear off in people's minds.