any word on the JM MV game

mavsgrad

What a game! Just got back and it was too close for comfort! If you missed this one, you missed a good one. I was surprised that James Monroe didn't attempt any passes. Not the first one. Hats off to Mt. View. Congrats to James Monroe. Hard, hard game. Next week, Bluefield.

fella's i know ya'll hear excuses every week, but i wanna place my vote for poorest officiating to tonights squad at JM + MV. both teams played their hearts out and it showed. but the whole first half was just uncalled for. tell me where in the rules it states, a M.V player gave a late hit. okay thats 15 yards and 1st down right? right- but not only that but the ref told him he had to set out 3 plays??? on the first offense? and then once #6 broke a big run for a TD its called back for a block in the back? and the MV player was face down, with 2 mavericks on his back?? somebody explain this to me?? and atleast 2 hits out of bounds right in front of a ref that were totally missed.... but all in all it was a good game!! i think the single wing is a good style of Offense to run, but James Monroe better learn to pass and use someone other than J.Jackson #33 if you want to win in the playoffs.

You don't have to pass when you're getting 8 to 10 yards a carry on the ground. Robertson hurt you just as much as jackson did. Unlike past years we can throw the ball when we have too but we were running so easy we didn't have to. Hats off to both teams on a great game by two really good teams.

[ QUOTE ]

fella's i know ya'll hear excuses every week, but i wanna place my vote for poorest officiating to tonights squad at JM + MV. both teams played their hearts out and it showed. but the whole first half was just uncalled for. tell me where in the rules it states, a M.V player gave a late hit. okay thats 15 yards and 1st down right? right- but not only that but the ref told him he had to set out 3 plays??? on the first offense? and then once #6 broke a big run for a TD its called back for a block in the back? and the MV player was face down, with 2 mavericks on his back?? somebody explain this to me?? and atleast 2 hits out of bounds right in front of a ref that were totally missed.... but all in all it was a good game!! i think the single wing is a good style of Offense to run, but James Monroe better learn to pass and use someone other than J.Jackson #33 if you want to win in the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

youre singing the same tune blfd was about the game in welch. bad calls happen and most of the time its to the favor of the home team. you just have to move on. blfd will have a battle in lindside next week.

JM had several holding calls tonight and i'm not disputing them. I'm just pointing out that the penalities went both ways. Mt. view had several delay of game penalities on them just like in the Bluefield game. I think they're coaches really need to do a better job of getting the plays in faster! It seems to be a pattern with them.

i kinda figured that would be sluffed off like that, but nobody made an attempt to answer those questions. J.M will probably get homefield advantage in the playoffs, but they won't win the championship this year.. because they can't pass, their only attempt failed. and if they ran so easily, why did they only win by only a field goal? it took everything they had to pull out the win. it's not that they're that good, they just got lucky. (and had a little help)

anyways, it was a close game, so i think it was still a good one. and i posted that someone from J.M could sit beside me, ya'll took that literally LOL some old guy and his wife sit beside me, and they were from Monroe county.. i thought that was too funny.

[ QUOTE ]

i kinda figured that would be sluffed off like that, but nobody made an attempt to answer those questions. J.M will probably get homefield advantage in the playoffs, but they won't win the championship this year.. because they can't pass, their only attempt failed. and if they ran so easily, why did they only win by only a field goal? it took everything they had to pull out the win. it's not that they're that good, they just got lucky. (and had a little help)

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a question here for you Trojan, I read your plan on how to contain the single wing, and I wonder what happened to it?

Was it trying to contain the quarterback? The QB is hard to find in a single wing attack isn't it? Especially since they don't have one.

hillbilly, if you would have read the posts.. then you would have known that, that wasn't MY plan, that was a coach who ran the single wing talking about it.. i even posted the webpage i got it from. - i have to give prop's where they are due, that scheme is tricky. but don't think that it CAN'T be stopped. they got out by the skin of their teeth tonight.

I was impressed that MV played so well on the road last night following the big win over Bluefield. I just hope MV can win the final two games and get into the playoffs. They deserve to be there, more so than a couple of teams actually in the top 16 right now.

[ QUOTE ]

......I just hope MV can win the final two games and get into the playoffs. They deserve to be there, more so than a couple of teams actually in the top 16 right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. They have a great team and totally deserve to be in the playoffs.

I have to give James Monroe credit for beating MV,because up until then I was a silent critic of the Mavs schedule,but I think they showed last night they're as good as their record indicates,so I guess now I only have 1 team to be a silent critic of lol. Good Luck to Mavs the rest of the year.