bluefield vs james monroe

OU81

[ QUOTE ]

can't really be 2 in a row considering bluefield defeated the mavs in the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant hurdle number 2 is beating them twice in a row as far as regular season games go. Beating them in the playoffs will be hurdle number 3. That will be an even harder hurdle because Bluefield is tough enough in regular season, but even tougher in playoffs. For now the goal is two back to back regular season wins. Please, please, please....can't you guys just lay down on the field Friday night and just watch the stars?!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Doesn't JM. usually have a hard time beating Bluefield? Wasn't they undefeated untill Blufeild beat em in the playoffs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Bluefield is tough. Nine times James Monroe and Bluefield have played, 8 regular season games and 1 playoff game. Seven times James Monroe has lost.

If i'm not mistaken, Bluefield has played Monroe twice in the playoffs. Last year and the year we beat them like 6-0 or something when monroe was undefeated and ranked # 1

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, I'm wrong. Add another playoff game and loss to that record. That's it....I'm going to bed. I'm making too many mistakes. I hope James Monroe is better at playing Friday night than I am at posting tonight! LOL

BTW, it was 3-0 that playoff game. Now that my memory has been jogged, I remember that traumatic experience well. Heart breaker.

yeah it would but that doesn't really matter. friday night will be a good ballgame with a lot on the line. JM is going for a fifth undefeated regular season and a definite 1 or 2 seed in the playoffs if we win. bluefield on the other hand has the opportunity to be a top 4 team if they win their last two games. i am wondering though, and i know this has already been asked but i didn't see an answer, if and this is a big if but, if bluefield drops their last two how close willit be as to them not making the playoffs.

i don't remember their record but 99 was the year the state champonship was played at woodrow between JM and East. i know i am going to get jumped on for this statement but East fans will agree that they had a tougher game in semis with us than against bluefield at states.

[ QUOTE ]

i don't remember their record but 99 was the year the state champonship was played at woodrow between JM and East. i know i am going to get jumped on for this statement but East fans will agree that they had a tougher game in semis with us than against bluefield at states.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no!! What are you doing?! Here we are, the week of the James Monroe/Bluefield game and unlike years past, there's yet to be any trash talking, cow tipping, hay bale stacking, tractor parking, comments and then you had to go and say this!! Everyone's been so quiet and polite that it's almost been scary. Are you looking for trouble!!??? LOL

Bluefield went 4-6 in 98 and 9-1 in 99. Bluefield had one of the toughest schedules in the state, if not the toughest, that year (1999) and piled up many key injuries because of it by playoff time. It cost them the title, IMO.

I don't care about the rain but the high winds are a concern considering bluefield's passing game and potential to go to ponder with a fade pass. It isn't windy in bluefield, it's wizard of oz weather. Maybe it's not this windy down there, but there stadium is on top of a hill so it could be worse.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't care about the rain but the high winds are a concern considering bluefield's passing game and potential to go to ponder with a fade pass. It isn't windy in bluefield, it's wizard of oz weather. Maybe it's not this windy down there, but there stadium is on top of a hill so it could be worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live about 15 min from James Monroe High School. It's been windy and rainy here all day. I'll be surprised if it isn't as windy or windier at the stadium.

[ QUOTE ]

All we need to do it run big n' through the middle all night long. throw in a option here nad there and we win!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm nervous and excited about this game. I really want to see James Monroe keep winning. Mt. View and Bluefield are the two teams I've been worried about all year. I was pleased with how well James Monroe played against Mt. View and I left the stadium that night hoping that meant they could hang tough with Bluefield too. Tonight we'll find out! Safe travel to all who are coming from Bluefield. See you in Lindside in a few hours!!

my concern is with the potential for thunderstorms... how much would it suck to drive all the way there then have to wait thru a delay or the game cancelled till tomorrow... dont think thatll happen but if we hear thunder tonite there will be a delay and then the game is over at midnite or later