Carrol coaches talking trash...

Fresh_Prince

There was a section in a paper quoting the Carrol coach saying: "IF THERE IS ANYTHING THAT IS WEAK ON RICHLANDS IT IS THERE DEFENSE. WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO KEEP BALL CONTROL AND IF WE KEEP THE BLUE'S OFFENSE OFF THE FIELD WE WILL WIN."

[ QUOTE ]

There was a section in a paper quoting the Carrol coach saying: "IF THERE IS ANYTHING THAT IS WEAK ON RICHLANDS IT IS THERE DEFENSE. WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO KEEP BALL CONTROL AND IF WE KEEP THE BLUE'S OFFENSE OFF THE FIELD WE WILL WIN."

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless The Blue's defense decides to take off and go to the mexican Resturaunt for dinner during the game CARROL WILL NOT SCORE..

[ QUOTE ]

how is this trash talking...lol...

[/ QUOTE ]

It is up to the Richlands D to interpret comments regarding them. You are not the coach, you can not pacify the comments since you did not make them. So, the comments are open to interpretation. Whatever ... a statement regarding the Richlands D was made. The statement will be interpreted by an individual and his peers. It is probably prudent to let it be decided on the field.

/ Yes, I'm laughing out loud over here.

Carroll has no chance whatsoever tomorrow night. (unless they bring there own refs from hillsville) If they score it will be against the 2nd team or jv players in the 4th qtr.

It's hard to hype up a game (although they are 6-2) against a carroll team that lost to Abingdon and had a nail bitter with both Marion and Grundy.

Will not be close.

Richlands - 47

Carroll - 7

Sambo- I would like for everyone to shut up about the refs from hillsville. this is old and you need to take a day off from work and come up with better excusses then this. No one from carroll is talking trash because we have respect for the richlands team and the other teams in the district. It is just to bad that idiot fans not naming any names get on here and make their school and team look bad. Good luck to both teams and remember that it is only a game.

[ QUOTE ]

Sambo- I would like for everyone to shut up about the refs from hillsville. this is old and you need to take a day off from work and come up with better excusses then this. No one from carroll is talking trash because we have respect for the richlands team and the other teams in the district. It is just to bad that idiot fans not naming any names get on here and make their school and team look bad. Good luck to both teams and remember that it is only a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think an objective person is willing to stipulate that Hale's comments are welcome to interpretation at the very least.

[ QUOTE ]

It is just to bad that idiot fans not naming any names get on here and make their school and team look bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

This happens quite frequently here. I've really tried to walk on the correct side of that tenuous line that separates idiot fan/normal. Hypothetically, suppose I were to say, "if he (Carrollfan) has a weakness, it is role modeling proper forum behavior being an admin" ... I'm of the opinion that a statement like that is open to interpretation especially by the person(s) the statement concerns. That's it. I know it doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot. We all love our mothers and the sun will come up tomorrow. Let's move on.

/ I've never mentioned the refs

// And just so there's no question, I appreciate and respect the job you do here as an admin

Guest Woolybugger

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The actual quote, mangled beyond recognition on this board by Mr. Prince, was, “But if there is a weakness it is their defense, and if anybody beats them, they will have to have an offense that can keep their offense off the field.â€Â

First, the coach never said "We should be able to keep ball control" and he never said "If we keep the Blue's [sic] offense off the field we will win."

Second, if that is talking trash, then I'm F. Scott Fitzgerald. The quote was taken out of context by either somebody with an awfully thin skin or somebody just looking for locker room material. In either case, some teenager who can't comprehend what he's reading. I assure you, CC has the utmost respect for Richlands, including its defense, Mr. Prince.

By the way, just so you don't feel your toes have been stepped on again, [sic] means a misspelled word, not a sick offense.

(unless they bring there own refs from hillsville)

Let me quiet some things about this misconception, I have no horse in this race and do not care who wins but the AOA covers all of Carroll Counties district games at Home or Away so they do not have "their refs" as you quote it. The officials come from the same association that does all of the SWD games.

Even if the coach made that comment, I took it that he was complimenting Richlands. By saying "if" they have a weakness implies that they don't have one, and "if" the defense is their weakness, its only because even a good defense looks like a weakness when compared to their offense. But, since I havn't seen them play, I'll leave it to everyone else to decide which is better, the offense or the defense. If its the offense, then quit crying about someone being either misquoted or trying to compliment your team.

To change the subject slightly, what is Coach Hale's coaching background? I am not familiar with CC but do remember a Coach Hale from my playing years (1985-88) at Big Creek High School and wondered if it was possibly the same Coach Hale.

Hale if not mistaken was defense coordinator at Pulaski County before coming to CC.

Also it's funny how I post a link to show how I made a mistake about the last team to be Richlands in the regular season and someone with thin skin takes something out of context and uses it to start a ruckus.

This forum kills me sometimes. The reason I usually ever (actually never until this week) post.