James Monroe 41 Bluefield 28 Final

MavsRock

In a game that most though would be a defensive slugfest, both teams found it hard to stop anyone, especially in the first half.

Big plays for JM were the pass to Tincher at the goal line for the tying score at the half, an exchange of fumbles at the Bluefield 10 to set up the Mavs go ahead score, and a 4th down stop in the 4th quarter to preserve a 34-28 score, and set up another Maverick td.

James Monroe and Bluefield both rush for over 300 yards tonight with Jason Jackson and Ernie Tincher both having big games for the Mavs, and JT Powell rushing for over 100 in the first half alone.

Another great game for the single wing, hopefully Devon Dransfield recovers quickly, I talked to him on the way out, and he didn't think it was too serious.

9 down 5 to go. Next week, Greenbrier East.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt think the game would go over 21 combined tonight. oh well good game. The beavers will get ya when it matters... Playoffs ! Hopefully we beat Scott.. bump JM to 1st.. we slide in playoffs and play JM 1st round and dominate !!!!

[ QUOTE ]

I didnt think the game would go over 21 combined tonight. oh well good game. The beavers will get ya when it matters... Playoffs ! Hopefully we beat Scott.. bump JM to 1st.. we slide in playoffs and play JM 1st round and dominate !!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Got one thing going for you, at least your a EER.

We'll see. Bluefield just better hope they make the playoffs at this point. If they lose to Scott, there gonna need some help to get in. After next Friday, the picture will be a little clearer with that being a Saturday game.

congrats to James Monroe, i worried about this game for most of the season and i wish it had been played in the dry to see the outcome but hopefully and thats a big HOPEFULLY at this point, the Beavs get another shot at you guys in the playoffs

just got in not too long ago, great football game t/n, both offenses really made the game exciting, refs werent too bad t/n even tho JM didnt have a single penalty, but i guess they are a perfect team right lmao, anyway i think blfd would have won the game had they not fumbled on the 4th and short but fumbles are part of the game especially in the rain..nevertheless good game by both teams and i guarantee JM wont wanna see blfd in the playoffs..and yea blfd will still get in even with a loss to scott but if they do lose i dont think they deserve to be in

thanks for the respect. bluefield was tough as usual and the game could have gone either way. congrats to the Mavs who have a tougher game than i originally thought against G. East next week. but that's next week so enjoy a hard fought win and for sure we don't really want to see the beaves in the playoffs but they haven't gotten there yet.

JM will be #1 in AA after this week i believe, they have a good shot of goin to wheeling, but i think it would hurt them if blfd or mt. view is in the same bracket..its tough beating a team twice

JM will be #1 in AA after this week i believe, they have a good shot of goin to wheeling, but i think it would hurt them if blfd or mt. view is in the same bracket..its tough beating a team twice

-------------------

It is hard to beat the same team twice. But you have to play the hand that you are dealt.....

I can't write congrats to either team, bluefield is turnover prone, what can you say, a team can't and won't be on top in close games with those. As for the mavs, do the rules of the game not matter there, do the refs that ref games there not know the rules of the game? Certainly their coach knows the rules. If that happened at bluefield I'd prefer to think that coach simon would know the rule, and know it should be corrected on the field. It's a correctable situation, the 2nd quarter should be over at that point, simple as that, there's not an argument to be had against it, it's the rules of the game.

I don't complain much but to honor the rules of the game shouldn't be expecting to much.

It's not the mavs players fault though.

last week a few people blasted me when i said those refs were bias. but i wouldn't say it unless i saw something with my own 2 eyes, im sayin i had seen things from them that i wouldn't expect from ray charles. but anyhow i listened to this game on the radio, congrats to the Mavs, and to Blfd. Buckle down you guys, play harder, and make less mistakes!

that play played a bigger role than just 7 points BIG momentum swing for JM (have they been down at half all year???)..if im correct, tell me, but that play shouldve been a delay of game, 10 sec penalty (for occcuring under 1 minute) and 5 yrd loss and repeat OR is it loss of down?

James Monroe completed a pass from the 36 yard line down to the 1 yard line, with no timeouts. The chain gang took their time walking down there so that the Mavs could set up their offense, and when they did snap the ball and spike it, it wasn't under center but in the shotgun. So they were basically handed a TD before the half.

[ QUOTE ]

Hey I think that was a great play. To me that could have been called an incomplete pass. You had two other backs right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, that could be correct. But if you call it that, then Bluefield wouldn't have an excuse for losing. For some reason, everything seems to be hinging around that play, even though JM won by 13 pts. As for the chain gang taking their time moving the chains, first I need to see the rule on what's considered "taking their time" and second, I thought that was the benefit of getting a first down -- to stop the clock while the chains are moved. James Monroe needed a first down to get the clock to stop temporarily, and it happened.

"To me that could have been called an incomplete pass."

as mentioned, spiking the ball to stop the clock requires the qb to be under center. They have a rule that dictates that for a reason, it's not open to some abstract type of argument, or are you advocating james monroe should be able to make the rules up as they go and honor them only when it's convenient.

i thought the interaction with jm folks was admirable last week on this board. now this issue is only pointing out the rules of the game. the official ADMITTED after the game he blew that call. and the "no class" jm fans harrassed the coaches and video crew the whole game on the "not up to standards" visitors area on top of the box in the pouring rain... maybe blfd should not let jm in the box at blfd next yr and put em in the little box on the visitors side in the pouring rain. i was beginning to have some respect for jm last week in good sportsmanship interaction but after tonites classless actions of the fans who obviously have no clue about the rules on several calls and constant harrassment of beaver staff and getting rooked by peterstowns finest officials...

yeah i hope we end up getting a shot at jm in the playoffs so that they cant PICK theyre officials... the officials had an impact in this game... funny how every team that plays there says the same things... hmmm

oh yeah and the "hanging" of the beaver doll over the field goal post... loads of class there.

as far as the playing of the game... the team making the fewest mistakes won.

now all that matters is scott...

with all due respect tho to the jm team, good hard fought win out there tonite... both teams played hard and made some great plays and big mistakes... jm just made the plays when they needed em, congrats on a big win

The refs at the James Monroe games do leave a lot to be desired ==if youre the visiting team. During the MV game the first half was pretty bad-- the second half not so bad. It's hard to play JM and 3 or 4 refs. It's frustrating-- MV would like to get another shot at JM with out the homer refs.

does James Monroe have a state championship team this year?or will they get beat in the playoffs? just wandering havent seen them play.i have some friends from monroe co. and after talking to them they arent getting their hopes up.I work with a guy from monroe co. and he said they will win it and another one said they would be lucky if they won 2 playoff games so im kinda caught in the middle lol. but since some beaver fans seen what they have maybe they can shed some light on the subject.