James Monroe 41 Bluefield 28 Final

MavsRock

[ QUOTE ]

i thought the interaction with jm folks was admirable last week on this board. now this issue is only pointing out the rules of the game. the official ADMITTED after the game he blew that call. and the "no class" jm fans harrassed the coaches and video crew the whole game on the "not up to standards" visitors area on top of the box in the pouring rain... maybe blfd should not let jm in the box at blfd next yr and put em in the little box on the visitors side in the pouring rain. i was beginning to have some respect for jm last week in good sportsmanship interaction but after tonites classless actions of the fans who obviously have no clue about the rules on several calls and constant harrassment of beaver staff and getting rooked by peterstowns finest officials...

yeah i hope we end up getting a shot at jm in the playoffs so that they cant PICK theyre officials... the officials had an impact in this game... funny how every team that plays there says the same things... hmmm

oh yeah and the "hanging" of the beaver doll over the field goal post... loads of class there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the board interaction had been good too. I was surprised by the pregame talk, but can't say I'm surprised by the postgame talk. But I am disgusted. I didn't get to talk to the ref after the game. Glad someone did. Irregardless there's no one that can honestly say that was a game changing play either way. You're fooling yourself if you think it was. Simply put, refs make mistakes at all levels and if they didn't, there wouldn't be the need for coaches' challenges or play reviews in the higher levels. Can't answer for the no class fan harrassment either. I was sitting just under and to the right of the box you're talking about and didn't see or hear that either. And I didn't harrass them so if it did happen, which I don't know, don't judge all fans by one or a few. As for the refs, I don't know where they come from or how they get picked, but I thought they were all approved by WVSSAC. Besides that Bluefield is a fine one to yell homecooking when I've heard about the refs at Bluefield for years and years even before James Monroe was even in existence. The paper this morning says Bluefield had 4 penalties for 40 yards. Wow! Wow! and Wow! Game turner there, no doubt. What had an impact in this game was the fact that JM's defense made adjustments after half time and outscored Bluefield 20-7 in the 2nd half. There lies the impact!

And what's any more classless than one of Bluefield's very own "fans" getting on a message board and refusing to congrat either team? Beat up on ours all you want, we expect it, but don't turn on your own. Yes, Bluefield fumbled a few, but it was a slippery, muddy game and of the 5 Bluefield fumbled, they recovered all but two and two of the ones they recovered, they recovered for 1st downs.

Okay, a beaver doll over the goal post--maybe it was classless, but we're talking kids here and it was juvenile fun, I'm sure. Bluefield posters on this board, many of which I get the impression are adults, are quick to verbally hang their own Beavers on this board and the other when the Beavers don't play quite like they think they should. So why would it bother them in the least if teenagers were playing with dolls?!

Simply put, this is pathetic, pathetic, pathetic. And the crying is nit picky and classless in itself. This was another good, hard fought game. Back and forth scoring the whole first half. The key is James Monroe came out of the locker room with a better plan for the second half and outplayed the Beavers when it mattered.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the spike, when the tailback, who the last time I checked is an eligible receiver, is standing next to where the ball lands, that's an incomplete pass.

I'll be the first to admit that the Mavs had been outplayed in the first half, and were lucky they weren't down 15-20 at that point. The biggest difference in the game was that JM's coaches spent halftime adjusting to try in win in the second half insted of crying about a call they didn't think they got.

I have all of the respect in the world for the Bluefield players, they showed class, and played an awesome game, and most of their fans were classy too. The Bluefield coaches were a different story. Cry'in Simon showed his butt more than once last night, and alot of people want to make a big deal of the 4 penalties Bluefield had IMO, they should've had 1 or 2 more for the coach walking almost halfway to the JM sideline after the spiked ball!

It's as simply as this, another big game and another Bluefield loss this season. Another chance to make a big jump in the standings and another free feel into the lower half of the playoff ratings. When you bumble and fumble the football eight times you don't deserve to win a football game.

They handed MV the game two weeks ago with boneheaded special team mistakes and then JM tonight with costly turnovers and bobbled snaps. A good team doesn't help the opponent win, they make it as hard as possible for the opponent to win. As this point, Bluefield is headed for an early playoff exit, if they even make the playoffs, b/c they're mistake prone. It's just very disappointing that an experienced team is still making inexperienced team mistakes. Scott is the type of team that a quality Beaver team wouldn't lose to, so next week will be very telling.

I really wish Bluefield the best of luck against Scott. Despite my disappointment in the post-game talk following last night's James Monroe/Bluefield game, I do want to see Bluefield do well. Good luck to the Beavers.

you had better pray you make the playoffs. there is already 17 teams that have 6 wins in AA and right now bluefield only has 5. and trust me you strength of schedule won't get you in. Princeton 5-4 Hoover 5-4 Oak Hill 2-7 Shady 3-7 and Grundy 1-6. and this last statement is not directed at all bluefield fans, only the ones who seem to be unable to accept the reality of losing to JM and so they have to find excuses. i find it funny that JM gets knocked for our week schedule and then when we beat MV and Bluefield, then everyone wines about the refs. especially over one play when we beat you by 13. and what is your excuse for us beating you guys last year at your place??? don't get me wrong, i am not running down bluefields team. a change in a play here or there and bluefield could have just as easily won but the same has been true for JM twice when we lost to bluefield in the playoffs. that's just football. some of bluefields fans just need to accept that and move on.

[ QUOTE ]

That's funny, I thought JM got all the bad calls...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Then that says it all right there with who we are trying to discuss this with. LOL. JAMES MONROE HAD NO PENALTIES CALLED ON THEM! NONE!

[ QUOTE ]

does James Monroe have a state championship team this year?or will they get beat in the playoffs? just wandering havent seen them play.i have some friends from monroe co. and after talking to them they arent getting their hopes up.I work with a guy from monroe co. and he said they will win it and another one said they would be lucky if they won 2 playoff games so im kinda caught in the middle lol. but since some beaver fans seen what they have maybe they can shed some light on the subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, James Monroe makes it to the second round, maybe the semis. But they are far from a championship team.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

That's funny, I thought JM got all the bad calls...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Then that says it all right there with who we are trying to discuss this with. LOL. JAMES MONROE HAD NO PENALTIES CALLED ON THEM! NONE!

[/ QUOTE ]

As a general rule, when James Monroe does get penalties called on them, it's for holding. As slippery and slick as things were last night, there was no chance to hold anything. I'm not surprised there were no calls. Just as I'm not surprised Bluefield only had 4 for 40 yds. It was actually a well disciplined game.

"Irregardless there's no one that can honestly say that was a game changing play either way."

based on pricipal it doesn't matter if the score had been 40 to 0, it's a complete lack of class for the refs and other team's coaches not to ackowledge it. Refs do make mistakes, 4 refs not knowing or going by the rules of the game is a different matter. You'll have to excuse me if playing by the rules in any sport or competition is a big thing to me.

"Besides that Bluefield is a fine one to yell homecooking when I've heard about the refs at Bluefield for years and years even before James Monroe was even in existence."

You'd be wrong, we can consider 1 game against richlands in '02, difference is bluefield fans were the 1st to complain and apologize as if that would make a difference and that crew has never officiated another game at bluefield.

"JM's defense made adjustments after half time and outscored Bluefield 20-7 in the 2nd half."

the biggest adjustment made was a ref stepping in a while after the ball had been spotted and moving it backwards, the 2 teams were in their respective huddles waiting for the measurment and chains were being brought out, guess he looked at it and thought to himself, "looks like a 1st down to me I better do something about it." it's a 6 point game at that point with bluefield at the mavs 40, moving the ball with around 5 minutes in the game.

It's simply something for you to consider. Things like so add up ya know.

"And what's any more classless than one of Bluefield's very own "fans" getting on a message board and refusing to congrat either team?"

That's correct, noone is owed anything, there's time to tell people congrats and times not to. I couldn't honestly write congrats to the mavs myself without writing congrats to the mavs and the refs, and it's not the players fault but it is what it is, so be it.

Congrats to bluefield for what? It's a team effort, should they be satisfied with the results?

You sound like someone who would support outlawing tag because some youth might get their feelings hurt. Let them be young men and earn it, that's exactly what they're going to have to do more than ever at this point.

I'm certainly not the coach and it's not my place to be harsh about their efforts, as if my opinion would matter anyhow, I simply don't have anything to write. Perhaps you think everyone should write congrats and great effort to every team after every game as some type of feel good respect, but I tend to be sincere when I write such things and certainly don't compliment others to be politiclly correct.

I don't know about the ratings, I don't know the point systems and there's always lots of people who do to post it, but myself i don't see any reason they shouldn't be in the playoffs regardles if they do finish 5 - 4, they were 5 - 4 in '05 after being defeated in 2 of their last 3 games, and didn't really have any victories against a quality higher ranked team, in '06 they at least have a aaa team to have points from.

"JM gets knocked for our week schedule and then when we beat MV and Bluefield,"

a lot easier when that's the only games you really have to prepare for through an overall season. Bluefield starts playing hard football week 1. Some people will simply never know the real pros and cons of strong schedules, that's obvious from all the opinions, about high school and college schedules, throughout the tristatepreps and other message boards.

I know 1 thing for certain anyhow, I'd rather bluefield be 5 - 4 or 6 - 3 with a strong schedule, even if they weren't or aren't in the playoffs, than have much of a football season filled with low quality games.

"what is your excuse for us beating you guys last year at your place???"

I don't recall any excuses, but since you mention it, it's a fact that bluefield didn't have powell or devin clemons in the lineup that game.

i would absolutely LOVE for Mt. View to get another shot at J.M. on a neutral field. Refs making 1 bad call can change the momenteum of the game. its not how many penalties they throw, but its when they throw them that makes the difference. I say congrats to both teams, i knew it would be a good game. Two very good teams! Atleast we'll know a little more about scott this coming week. Good luck both ways.

[ QUOTE ]

I think the Mt. View game is over. Also they should worry about there 8 pt. win over oak hill!

[/ QUOTE ]

putting up 8 points and holding a team scoreless is a proud win nomatter who you beat on M.V's field, cause anybody who's been there knows how muddy that place is.

Scott didn't look so well against sherman.. what happened at that game?

Congratulations to Mt.View and James Monroe on exceptional seasons. Just says alot about the caliber of football in southern West Virginia year in and year out. Hopefully Bluefield can make the playoffs and make another run along with both teams and two of them meet up in Wheeling.

You can complain about the refs all you want but they didn't make Bluefield fumble the punt. They didn't make them fumble inside their own 10 yard line. They didn't make the bluefield db stand back like he was fielding a punt right before the half while the JM player came back and went up in the air to catch the pass! Those mistakes are why you lost the ballgame, not the refs.

I added the pictures and captions for this game to the James Monroe Web site and they can be viewed at: http://mysite.verizon.net/vze84s9d/

After the game last night Jason Jackson invited the Bluefield team to join the James Monroe team in prayer and coach Simon told him "not tonight" What class.

Time to move on with this one, Bluefield Lost!!!

Good game Beavers and good luck with Scott next week.