The Pioneers vs. The Blue Tornado

Sambo

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

No, it's quite convincing. Maybe the poster was on crack at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]it dont seem to convincing to me being how John Adams played his starters ( Full Team ) for half of the first quarter, not saying it would have made Leb win b/c Ric is the best team this side of Wythville but I think t would have been a closer game if Leb would have left their starters in as long as Ric did 3rd Q. what was Mance thinking.

lebanon left most of their starters in the until the fourth quarter. especially key positions. Their qb running back and defensively they played also. It would not have matter the way lebanon was playing. They couldnt catch a kickoff were going nowhere on offense run or pass and coundnt stop the blues No disrespect to the players because they are a good team, but they seemed to be a little scared and i talked to a few of the lebanon players and fans after the game and they thought the same thing. Good luck in the playoffs.

This thread about the last game is history. Listen to your coaches during practice and keep your eye on the next goal ... the first round of the Region IV playoffs. Yes, after one brushes the drama off their shoulder ... it is all about assignments, heart on "O" and "D", and special teams doing their duty looking for a sneaky move that we'll all applaud.

[ QUOTE ]

lebanon left most of their starters in the until the fourth quarter. especially key positions. Their qb running back and defensively they played also. It would not have matter the way lebanon was playing. They couldnt catch a kickoff were going nowhere on offense run or pass and coundnt stop the blues No disrespect to the players because they are a good team, but they seemed to be a little scared and i talked to a few of the lebanon players and fans after the game and they thought the same thing. Good luck in the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a bit surprising to us (Rocky and I) that the Lebanon starting unit was in that late in the game.. I don't think anyone got hurt however, so all is well I guess. Still a surprising move by a veteran coach in my opinion.

Just give the boys from Richlands the respect they have earned. I applaud this team, mainly the starters that have watched from the sidelines almost the entire second half of every game. This is truely a good "TEAM", the starters could have broken several records if given the opportunity this year. These guys have come to rely on the second and third strings to gain experience during the season. They know if one of their fellow starters gets hurt (GOD forbid) that they have a replacement player at their side that they can count on. These boys are above setting records, they want to have the perfect season and the State Title. This team is deserving of this honor. Play your hearts out these final weeks, have fun, and respect your teammates (they have helped you get where you are now). Not to end on a sour note, but Lebanon I hope you do well in the playoffs. Really though, Lebanon, Richlands could have beat you not only barefooted but also blindfolded. Jennings could have been giving the waterboy a piggyback ride through your line and carry the ball in for a touchdown.

I'm not downing Richlands at all but the fact is that Lebanon did'nt leave their starters in much past the 1st quarter. They left a spattering of starters in the 2nd quarter but after that, it was all underclassmen with the exception of Ryan Cox and Michael Cooper on defense. Not that it would have made ANY difference. Musick is a junior, Jessee did'nt take the first snap after the 1st half, the announcer kept calling Stephen Martin "Jessee" but Jessee was out after the half. The 2nd half was underclassmen....with the exception of Cox and Cooper to help the younger kids. Like I said, it would'nt have made ANY difference in the game but the fact is that Adams started pulling his seniors after the first quarter, they would go back in occasionally but not much. I was suprised to see Mance leave his 1st team in as long as he did with the game well in hand but it's his team and if he thought the risk was worth it, then that is his buisness. Good luck to both teams in their playoffs.

I'm not trying to argue or anything, but I have 3 pictures taken in the second half that have Jessee and/or Lockridge in them. The last one was taken at 9:35pm at which time there was less than two minutes on the clock.

As for Coach Mance leaving the starters in as long as he did, it's because they need the reps. They've only been taken to the 4th quarter twice all year and even then it was only for 1-2 series. They have to start playing the whole game real soon.

No disrespect, but if Jessee took a snap in the second half, I sure did'nt see it, he may have played a little defense. Lockridge is junior and probably was with the younger team. The only seniors I can remember playing was Cox and Cooper in the second half on defense. Musick and Lockridge are juniors and probably did play some. Martin was the QB in the second half.

Like I said, it's Mance's team and if he thought it was worth the risk then that's his buisness. I was just suprised to see him take that chance.

I believe it was. Like I said, it's no big deal. Richlands would have beaten Lebanon regardless. That possibly is the reason to leave the seniors in, especially since they have'nt played much in a lotta games, they're high school days are about over. Heck! Let'em play.