Bluefield 22, Scott 0 -- FINAL

GMan

You could tell that Scott hadn't seen a team with the defensive speed, quickness, and toughness of Beaver. Bluefield was in the backfield on nearly every play. Everything the Scott RB got he got on his own accord with little help from his line blocking. I believe Scott finished with maybe 4 first downs and 100 yards if they were lucky. Offensively, Bluefield wore them down in the second half and also changed their offensive set, which helped greatly.

[ QUOTE ]

You go to the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Here are the final unofficial AA ratings , but these guys have been right on the entire season.

1. JAMES MONROE 10 0 12.6 clinched 3 home

2. SCOTT 9 0 11.5 clinched 3 home

3. WAYNE 8 2 10.3 clinched 2 home

4. TOLSIA 8 2 9.4 clinched 2 home

5. BLUEFIELD 6 3 9.11 clinched 1 home

6. POCA 7 3 9.1 clinched 1 home

7. GRAFTON 7 3 8.8 clinched 1 home-bonus pts

8. KEYSER 7 3 8.8 clinched 1 home

9. MAGNOLIA 7 3 8.7 clinched

10. MOUNT VIEW 7 3 8.5 clinched - bonus points

11. WEBSTER 7 3 8.4 clinched

12. LIBERTY-HARRISON 7 3 8.3 clinched

13. WYOMING EAST 7 3 8.1 clinched - bonus points

14. ROANE 7 3 8.1 clinched

15. SISSONVILLE 6 4 7.7 clinched - bonus points

16. INDEPENDENCE 7 3 7.7 clinched

17. SHERMAN 6 4 7.0 - 7.1 eliminated

18. PHILIP BARBOUR 6 4 7.0 eliminated

19. CHAPMANVILLE 6 4 6.8 eliminated

20. HERBERT HOOVER 5 5 6.4 eliminated

Guess you took a plane or wirly bird to get back just to post that, huh?

Yes.

Here are the final unofficial AA ratings , but these guys have been right on the entire season.

1. JAMES MONROE 10 0 12.6 clinched 3 home

2. SCOTT 9 0 11.5 clinched 3 home

3. WAYNE 8 2 10.3 clinched 2 home

4. TOLSIA 8 2 9.4 clinched 2 home

5. BLUEFIELD 6 3 9.11 clinched 1 home

6. POCA 7 3 9.1 clinched 1 home

7. GRAFTON 7 3 8.8 clinched 1 home-bonus pts

8. KEYSER 7 3 8.8 clinched 1 home

9. MAGNOLIA 7 3 8.7 clinched

10. MOUNT VIEW 7 3 8.5 clinched - bonus points

11. WEBSTER 7 3 8.4 clinched

12. LIBERTY-HARRISON 7 3 8.3 clinched

13. WYOMING EAST 7 3 8.1 clinched - bonus points

14. ROANE 7 3 8.1 clinched

15. SISSONVILLE 6 4 7.7 clinched - bonus points

16. INDEPENDENCE 7 3 7.7 clinched

17. SHERMAN 6 4 7.0 - 7.1 eliminated

18. PHILIP BARBOUR 6 4 7.0 eliminated

19. CHAPMANVILLE 6 4 6.8 eliminated

20. HERBERT HOOVER 5 5 6.4 eliminated

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

congrats to bluefield on a very impressive win. did you guys just have that great of a game or is scott really overrated

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, Bluefield didn't play too well offensive. They had a couple of turnovers and some missed blocks. Defensively Bluefield played lights out. However, Scott is a one man team offensively. The Roberts kid or whatever his name is (#28) was all they had today. As I said before, the yards he got he got on his own with little help. They did complete a couple of passes, but each time their QB took huge hits. Bluefield lived in their backfield the entire day. I was expecting Scott to be this big, physical team, but I didn't see that today. Yes, they were big, but I've seen much more physical teams. I don't see Scott being able to beat James Monroe, Wayne, Keyser, Bluefield, Mount View, Tolsia or a Poca should they face those teams.

[ QUOTE ]

oh yeah possible semi matchup....

[/ QUOTE ]

We kind of figured that last night. For JM, I think they'll take care of Indy, but will have to be carefull against magnolia or Keyser, I know Keyser beat us pretty bad 10 years ago, but we're probably better this time. For Bluefield, I'm not too familiar with Liberty-Harrison, other than know Bluefield blasted them last time, and I know Tolsia is pretty similar to Scott offensively, so they'd have to play very well to beat Bluefield and get to play the Mavs again.

Look for James Monroe or Bluefield to come out of bracket# 1, probably James Monroe because of how they've played offensively down the stretch.

In bracket #2, I expect Mount View to do some serious damage and either Poca or Wayne to play them in the semi's. Wayne joins James Monroe in beating a very good team twice, and plays James Monroe in Wheeling for the title.

Too much football to be played to be looking ahead to a Bluefield/James Monroe rematch. If Bluefield takes care of its first round business Tolsia would be no easy task in the 2nd round. And James Monroe would face either Keyser or Magnolia, neither of which would be an easy task. In fact, Keyser is probably one of the five best teams in AA this season.