Straight from the G-MAN'S mouth

wackiejack

Straight from the Va. Preps message board. Are you converting to the BLUE side g-man?? Or just trying to stir the pot a little??

Folks, I've watched a lot of good football teams in my life...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take my word for it...this year's Richlands team is one of the best I've ever seen.

A better team than Graham in 2001? Yes.

A better team than either of the two Gretna teams that one back-to-back State Championships? Yes.

Barring any key injuries and/or a flat out choke (as they did last year much like the 2001 Graham team), they roll through the Division 3 playoffs to a State Championship.

These guys are GOOD.

GMan has always given credit where credit is due and (unlike some people on this board) he understands that having ANY team from this area succeed at the state level is good for the area as a whole.

That said, I don't like talking about any game beyond the next one. Especially during the playoffs when there might not be a next one.

[ QUOTE ]

Straight from the Va. Preps message board. Are you converting to the BLUE side g-man?? Or just trying to stir the pot a little??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take my word for it...this year's Richlands team is one of the best I've ever seen.

A better team than either of the two Gretna teams that one back-to-back State Championships? Yes.

Barring any key injuries and/or a flat out choke (as they did last year much like the 2001 Graham team), they roll through the Division 3 playoffs to a State Championship.

These guys are GOOD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to stir the pot, just telling it like it is. Most people are afraid to speak the truth...I'm not. Not many people around the state of VA are taking Richlands seriously, but they should. I guess its because of what happened last year in the Championship game or what has happened to other so-called "great" Region IV teams once they got to the State level. One guy even made the comment that every time he's seen these "great" Region IV teams play, they've gotten beat. NEWS FLASH: This team is different. They are on a mission to do what they couldn't/didn't do last year...win a State Title.

This Richlands team is a better team than Graham in 2001. Graham had tons of offensive fire power that year, maybe more than Richlands this year, but the defense wasn't nearly as good. Gretna had a couple of EXCELLENT players on their team that could control a game but not nearly as many VERY GOOD players as Richlands has this year that can dominate a game.

And I truly believe that Richlands was the better team in the State Championship last year but didn't play anything like they did all year...in other words, they had a case of "choke-itis" in the Championship game much as Graham did in 2001. This year, I don't see that happening as long as they stay focused and don't have any key injuries.

There are no Division 3 teams in VA that can hang with this F5 Blue Tornado this season.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

These guys are GOOD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to stir the pot, just telling it like it is. Most people are afraid to speak the truth...I'm not. Not many people around the state of VA are taking Richlands seriously, but they should. I guess its because of what happened last year in the Championship game or what has happened to other so-called "great" Region IV teams once they got to the State level. One guy even made the comment that every time he's seen these "great" Region IV teams play, they've gotten beat. NEWS FLASH: This team is different. They are on a mission to do what they couldn't/didn't do last year...win a State Title.

This Richlands team is a better team than Graham in 2001. Graham had tons of offensive fire power that year, maybe more than Richlands this year, but the defense wasn't nearly as good. Gretna had a couple of EXCELLENT players on their team that could control a game but not nearly as many VERY GOOD players as Richlands has this year that can dominate a game.

And I truly believe that Richlands was the better team in the State Championship last year but didn't play anything like they did all year...in other words, they had a case of "choke-itis" in the Championship game much as Graham did in 2001. This year, I don't see that happening as long as they stay focused and don't have any key injuries.

There are no Division 3 teams in VA that can hang with this F5 Blue Tornado this season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey if you are not afraid to speak the truth or tell your mind.....give me some of your thoughts on the Bluefield Barons and their trip to the national championship game next weekend. LOL

[ QUOTE ]

That 2001 Graham team was amazing, but I'd have to see Richlands play this year to believe it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too many athletes at key positions on the 2001 graham team for the 2006 Richlands team to overcome.

2001 gmen 35

2006 naders 33

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

These guys are GOOD.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey if you are not afraid to speak the truth or tell your mind.....give me some of your thoughts on the Bluefield Barons and their trip to the national championship game next weekend. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

PM me for my thoughts on that subject...

[ QUOTE ]

I think sometimes we might not want him to speak the truth. It might hurt too bad. You know the g-man is part Indian, he speaks with forked tongue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I resemble that remark...great, great grandmother was full-blooded Cherokee...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

That 2001 Graham team was amazing, but I'd have to see Richlands play this year to believe it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too many athletes at key positions on the 2001 graham team for the 2006 Richlands team to overcome.

2001 gmen 35

2006 naders 33

[/ QUOTE ]

2006 Richlands would score more than 33 on the 2001 Graham defense...

Knowing what an important game this will be, I am sure the G-man has not got his true attention on this game. If I could take a few minutes to shed a little light on the game. I think the older lads from Bluefield will journey to parts unknown and play a game that most people have no clue that exists. I am sure they will be led into combat with the up most big time coach the two Bluefields have seen since the great staff the Gmen had in the late 60's and early 70's. I can remember when his Dad lead those G-men to many whippings from the young lads from Beaver. Or was that his grandfather. Maybe his uncle. I have been out of the area so long, names and places are just a blur.

Anyway, G-man if you could help with this subject of the Barons, I would be glad. I just can not remember those lads playing in the 70"s.

[ QUOTE ]

Knowing what an important game this will be, I am sure the G-man has not got his true attention on this game. If I could take a few minutes to shed a little light on the game. I think the older lads from Bluefield will journey to parts unknown and play a game that most people have no clue that exists. I am sure they will be led into combat with the up most big time coach the two Bluefields have seen since the great staff the Gmen had in the late 60's and early 70's. I can remember when his Dad lead those G-men to many whippings from the young lads from Beaver. Or was that his grandfather. Maybe his uncle. I have been out of the area so long, names and places are just a blur.

Anyway, G-man if you could help with this subject of the Barons, I would be glad. I just can not remember those lads playing in the 70"s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Napoleon Dynamite: Do the chickens have large talons?

Farmer: Do they have what?

Napoleon Dynamite: Large talons.

Farmer: I don't understand a word you just said.

[ QUOTE ]

Reading between the lines, I think you said just said," who cares who wins."

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda, but for the most part, I said...

"Farmer: I don't understand a word you just said."