abingdon is worse than richlands jv

short

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abingdon got lucky when they beat Grundy in a dual meet. Like Tully got lucky when he defeated me for the NWA heavyweight championship. A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. I can't wait until Grundy whips that Falcon butt in the regionals.

Hey Tully here is a little history between you and me.

The feud was one of the bloodiest in NWA history. Tully Blanchard with his valet, Baby Doll, took the United States Title from Magnum and ignited a feud that lasted for four months. Blanchard usually cheated to keep his title from Magnum and Baby Doll often interfered. Magnum got his revenge in an "I Quit" Match at the Starrcade, on November 28, 1985, when he defeated Blanchard in a very bloody match which ended when Magnum threatened to gouge out Blanchard's eye with a splinter of wood.

Does Grundy have no B team wrestlers? There was a time when they didnt even wrestle duals against anyone around here outside the SWD because it wouldnt be any competition now they lose at least one or two local duals a year. Regardless of who was injured do they not have a single person in JV or B team that can step in and do better than a forfeit, if they had some one who could have kept it to a decision then its a whole new match thats a 3 point swing per match. No I am not bragging I am not even from Abingdon but losing duals like this and having 3 point wins against district teams shows the program is going way down from the glory days.

Alright for ur info.......Grundy did dual teams in this area in the so called GLORY DAYS.....they seemed every year to dual Powell Valley, JJ Kelly, Abingdon,Tn High,etc....and Grundy does not have a B-team, the only one they got is the HWT..and that is due to the enrollement in the schools...and how could this program be goin down? when they had one of the best finishes in the Grundy history at Va. duals...and if iam not mistaken they placed in the tournament that only TWO other grundy teams have placed in...So the program is not goin down it is actually on the rise..if u would look in the middle school program,,which were state champs as an overall team....Grundy this year is goin to surprise some ppl, they have a kid who is nationaly ranked, four kids ranked in the top 4, and overall team is ranked in the top 5....yea the program is goin down....lol...(sarcasm)

As far as the Va duals go, they are not wrestling the same division they normally do, that 1998 team (best team in VA AA history in my opinion)would have won the american division without giving up a point, I know enrollment is down and that has really hurt them as far as having backups the school numbers are smaller than some A schools and I understand that, I have heard good things about the middle school team and hopefully they can keep those people wrestling in high school, I dont know how you could say that the program is not down, this was a program that had 10 people ranked in the top 2 only 8 years ago now they have four ranked in the top four, only 8 years ago they were ranked nationally now they are 5th in AA. I hope they do rise again but they have a long way to go.

did u just start realizeing this......this has been like this for at least 4 years........that is why a say it is back on the rise..and i get what ur sayin, they are down from teams like 98 team, but i goin to be honest with u, the 98 team more than likely would not win state with C-burg and the way they recruit....and for u info 98 was not the best grundy team 92 wreckin crew holds that honor....lol

Man I went to all those old state tournys from way back in the day, my cousin was Shane Bowman the first 4 timer. That 92 team was great with Bowman, Kendrick, Laddy, Beebo. I think from top to bottom that 98 team was better though I honestly thought they could have nearly won every weight class at state, Elswick, Justus, Newport, Young, Griffey, Robertson, Deel, Scott Justus, Charlie Hale, Luke Owens, and I know I am forgetting some. No I havent just noticed it I know its been going on for 4 years or more hopefully last year was rock bottom though they will go up from there they have got to get that attitude back that I am going to go out and punish him even if he is better than me like Griffey used to be, recent teams have this attitude that everyone is going to lay down and die for us because of the team name on our singlet. That 98 team and Cburg would be a great battle, I would like to see the best Cburg team the best Grundy team and the 99 Poqosin team go at it that 99 Poqosin team is way underrated they were tough

Grundy the past couple of years it has been the confidence factor....u know they hear everyone talk about the C-burg team,,and it does wear on your mind...trust me i have been there....lol...and disgree with 5-10 placeing i see this team in the top 3.....they will surprise alot of ppl this year....

we could go on and on for days who is the best grundy team..lol..and yes ur right that Poquson team was tough as nails....and there program is now back on the rise...and iam not goin to bad mouth C-burg, but it looks like to me things are starting to slip up there...they are not lookin as dominate as they was a year ago...

They may have slipped a little they lost a couple of good wrestlers but I dont think its anywhere near enough for any AA teams to compete with them. They are still top 10 nationally and beat Great Bridge head to head dont think any other Virginia AA team has done that maybe ever seemed like that was one team that Grundy never could beat either. They have two wrestlers that are going to go down in the history books as two of the top ten best AA wrestlers of all time and a freshman who is not far behind those two.

[ QUOTE ]

I thought that was 98 Grundy10 but I may be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was 96....327.5 pts....i think there was 9 state champs and i think 12 in the finals....very good team but i still put 92 and 98 over them.....