Thoughts on James Monroe after today's game.

MavsRock

This was by for the best the defense has played all year. Keyser got absolutely nothing on the groun, only had 2 or 3 drives that didn't go 3 & out, and had 6 turnovers, 3 int & 3 fumbles.

Not a real pretty game for the offense, but they still did OK, chewing up alot of clock in the second half, and capitalizing on big opportunities.

Special teams made a HUGE difference. JM went up 3-0 with about 1:06 left in the 2nd quarter, then the kick almost went out of bounds, but Keyser didn't pick it up, JM gets it at the 30, throws an int at the 1, and then Keyser's QB fumbled the snap in the end zone allowing big Chris Spangler to get his 1st career score, and a 10-0 halftime lead.

Third quarter, Mavs stop Keyser cold on the fist possesion, forcing a fumble at the 30, Ernie Tincer scored a 17yd run on 3rd & long. Keyser started falling apart after that, alot of arguing on the sidelines, and personal foul penalties. Zach Mann ended the scoring early in the 4th with a short scoring run. Both teams cme to play, Keyser simply made way too many mistakes to give themselves a chance against a very good team.

12 down 2 to go. Next week, Tolsia.

This was the best defense James Monroe has played all year. It was good to see Spanky get a TD. Mavs have no one hurt at this point in the year and that is great. I think Tolsia will also be ready to play as they were last year. This was a good win for the Mavs and I am looking forward to next week. Some deer hunting, some turkey and another home game. Does it get any better than this???

as much as i want to have another shot at jm, blfd's season is over and i think that beaver fans should support the mavs. my interaction with tolsia folks was very cordial and they have a great upstart program, but im pullin for the mavs even tho many beavers thought that the game w/jm had some questionable situations to say the least. i will hopefully travel to lindside and set on the home side believe itor not. this is a once in a lifetime situation for you jm seniors and take advantage. i hope the mavs are in wheeling.

[ QUOTE ]

That's a cool post. I hope you're there. And other Beavers. Thanks for supporting the Mavs.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's definetly a different sight seeing fans from Giles, Narrows, Greenbrier East, and now Bluefield on the side of the Mavericks. Hopefully the purple & black can make it worth the trip.