Giles-Lebanon game time 1:00 Friday

Hokiebird7

Reason is Lebanon refused to play Friday night and wanted to play Saturday so Giles said play Friday afternoon instead and Lebanon agreed. Reason is security issues...Most of Giles cops will be working Tech game Sat plus the ones already on duty can't stay for all the game so the security was the main issue.

Bottom line is VHSL gives the home team the right to choose game day and time BUT if visitors don't agree to something it MUST be played Saturday at 1:30...total crock if you ask me.....Home team says play Friday night then that's when game should be played PERIOD....Lebanon wants to whine about it but they should have NO input whatsoever...Giles is #1 seed Lebanon is #2 so they should do what the team with homefield advantage says....

[ QUOTE ]

I don't care when we play. Just the fact that Lebanon should have no say-so at all in the matter.....Where you from anyway? is your team still alive in playoffs?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's from Lebanon!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Reason is Lebanon refused to play Friday night and wanted to play Saturday so Giles said play Friday afternoon instead and Lebanon agreed. Reason is security issues...Most of Giles cops will be working Tech game Sat plus the ones already on duty can't stay for all the game so the security was the main issue.

Bottom line is VHSL gives the home team the right to choose game day and time BUT if visitors don't agree to something it MUST be played Saturday at 1:30...total crock if you ask me.....Home team says play Friday night then that's when game should be played PERIOD....Lebanon wants to whine about it but they should have NO input whatsoever...Giles is #1 seed Lebanon is #2 so they should do what the team with homefield advantage says....

[/ QUOTE ]

By your statement of VHSL rules, I'm going on what you say in that second paragraph is correct, then since the visitor disagreed with playing a Friday night game the game would be played on Saturday at 1:30. Giles made a Friday-daytime counter-proposal and the Pioneers agreed. Is it wrong to suppose, by your statement, the Pioneers could've forced a Saturday gametime on Giles? I see that they didn't do that.

The home team should not railroad a gametime down another team's throat. This year you're the #1 seed. You won't always be, though.

One must be a gentleman, or at least appear to be, about these matters.

I was told there would be (Pioneer) whine. There is none to be had by this Tornado faithful, however.

Edit: I was bored as all hell and skimmed the VHSL Handbook. Anyone know of this rule this guy is citing?

Bottom line is the #1 seed whether it's Giles,Lebanon or whoever it is should decide which day and time game should be played and nobody other than the #1 seed should have any say-so about it. Isn't that the reason you play to get the #1 seed? Well that plus you're playing on your home field. It isn't like WV where travel is a big issue that's why VA has regions to minimize the travel time.

Check any VHSL book you want but I know this is the rule I heard it from another coach on another team's mouth.

[ QUOTE ]

Bottom line is the #1 seed whether it's Giles,Lebanon or whoever it is should decide which day and time game should be played and nobody other than the #1 seed should have any say-so about it. Isn't that the reason you play to get the #1 seed? Well that plus you're playing on your home field. It isn't like WV where travel is a big issue that's why VA has regions to minimize the travel time.

[/ QUOTE ] So if the home team says Saturday at 5 A.M. it should automatically be okay? Hell, no. There should be parameters. If those parameters are already in writing, I'd just like to read them man.

[ QUOTE ]

Check any VHSL book you want but I know this is the rule <u>I heard it</u> from another coach on another team's mouth.

[/ QUOTE ] I hate to be that kinda guy but ... cite the rule or STFU. Otherwise, we're just here arguing "hearsay" back and forth. My typical response along these lines is: settle the matter on the field and since it is Giles/Lebanon ... best of luck to both teams.