martinsville-richlands final

mhsalum

yea i just talked with a member of the mhs coaching staff...seems that they only thought it may be moved to abingdon. but i think it's all speculation right now...b/c bassett and magna vista will probably petition to have their game moved closer to home. i guess we'll all see soon enough.

and i've been to graham middle....it's similar to the doghouse except for i don't remember there being any endzone seating, but the sideline seats seem to hold more people.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

what about carroll county how did they do?

[/ QUOTE ]

i was wondering the same. we were told at martinsville tonight that if all 3 swd teams lost, then the semis would not be at graham...they'd be moved to abingdon.

[/ QUOTE ]

va high won by 20 some

[/ QUOTE ]

no it wasnt that bad and the game was alot closer than it sounds it mightve been 15. but we were up at the half lost the lead and took it back in the 3rd and we were up at the end of the 3rd and they hit some shots and took the game.

[ QUOTE ]

Yea, we only attempted 12 shots in the second half...

Us being up by 8 at the half lit a fire under VA high and they played some killer D.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cavs were up 4 going into the 4th quarter. Va. High got some momentum, and they had a coaching laps or two.(didn't use timeouts wisely) so it got away from them. But the Green kid from Carroll was going nuts. He hit 4 3's but all of them were at least 5 ft. behind the arch.

[ QUOTE ]

All three SWD teams did lose but the semis will be at Graham - although I was told that GMS had no more seating in it than the 'Doghouse. They may have to empty the gym between games to find everyone a seat if that's the case. And, if I remember correctly, GMS has a rubber floor. Not good for growing knees.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I was at GMS, it had a wood floor and seating for about 2500-3000 people..

[ QUOTE ]

oh yea...i saw one of the weirdest plays i've ever seen in a high school bball game...

richlands had the ball in their halfcourt set...martinsville was pressuring them man to man. richlands through the ball out of bounds and a spectator swatted it back in play (the front row of bleachers at the doghouse are only a few feet out of play). a richlands player gathered it in and headed straight to the hole for the layup. none of the 3 officials whistled the ball out of bounds.

it kind of was a momentum swinger for richlands...they got that layup, then i believe hit back to back 3s on their next 2 possessions.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it hit the ref in the head, but still crazy play lol.