Bluefield/James Monroe

Bluefield_Rules

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

That's a good way to start the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely better than last year. Although, I think that game last year in sectionals propelled the team into the run to Champion Saturday in Charleston.

[/ QUOTE ] i do too i think it woke the team up last year..this years team was awake from the beginning, they lost to a good westside team, and OHA red team with ridiculus athleticism, and i have no idea how logan beat em, i guess it was a lil home cookin involved

Outstanding sportsmanship shown by both teams after the game. This is the type of thing that should occur after every game.

http://www.bdtonline.com/localsports/local_story_061232620.html?keyword=topstory

[ QUOTE ]

Following the game, members of both teams formed a giant ring at midcourt and a James Monroe player offered an impromptu prayer in which he wished Bluefield continued success.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

An aggressive and dominating defense by Bluefield had a devastating effect on the Mavericks’ game plan....The Mavericks sank one field goal in each of the first two quarters and suffered 13 turnovers, going into intermission on the short end of a 30-11 score.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice game plan...Coach...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

An aggressive and dominating defense by Bluefield had a devastating effect on the Mavericks’ game plan....The Mavericks sank one field goal in each of the first two quarters and suffered 13 turnovers, going into intermission on the short end of a 30-11 score.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice game plan...Coach...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you continue to bring this up time after time?

I kinda dont know how to respond to that win last night. Ofcorse a blowout is good. But then again, do you think that will put them in the mindset that they'll blowout every opponent? and what happens if they get down? will they be able to come back. They've did it time after time this season. Against Princeton and Logan i believe. In my opinion, i think they will be just fine.

They just have to play there hearts out there next 4 games, and they will be state champions

That just goes to show the caliber of people of Monroe county. That is why I enjoy seeing James Monroe on Bluefield's schedule year in and year out in football and basketball. Good teams that win with class and lose with class! Fine folks in my book and definately nothing to be ashamed of this year in both sports. Good luck next year!

There all for hating us during the game. They have a reason, bluefield/JM has become a rivalry game over the years after all the times we've played. But after the game, i saw all the players and coaches getting in a big circle kneeling while a JM player said a prayer. Very touching... Especially after a loss