Question about Bluefield's enrollment and VHSL out of state points

hoard

The WVSSAC website lists Bluefield's enrollment as 505 in grades 9-11. The VHSL uses enrollment in grades 9-12 to classify its schools.

Given BHS's 9-11 enrollment, I would estimate their 9-12 enrollment to be no more than 700. This would still make Bluefield a Group A, Division 2-sized school in any region in Virginia. Graham gets Division 3 points in football for playing Bluefield.

Am I missing something? It would seem to me that any VHSL member that plays Bluefield should get Division 2 points.

Two years ago, Bluefield was considered a D2 school in VA...last year, the VHSL changed their mind and made them D3. Don't know why, but then again, look at what (who) you are dealing with...they've NEVER made a good decision on anything, ever...

The only logical explanation, Captain, is that the tribbles are .... wait, I mean, is that someone said, look, we're AA, and they have more students than us, so they should be AA too, right? And it worked. And it's all good.

Actually, those WV numbers were apparently taken around 2003 since it's posted for the cycle starting in 2004. A couple of web pages state an enrollment in the 650 range for 2005-6. The WV Dept. of Ed. says 658 in grades 9-12 (but it doesn't say when that was - I suppose it's current, but who knows?)

http://wvde.state.wv.us/ed_directory/index.html?county_id=51&school_id=502