The Big East outplays the ACC once again.....

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Against top 25 opponents:

VT 4-1

WVU 2-3

[/ QUOTE ]

NCAA Tournament

ACC - 7 of 12

Big East - 6 of 16

NIT

ACC - 3 of 5

Big East 4 of 10

Both conferences had 10 teams in both combined tournaments, but the ACC had one more in the tournament that actually MATTERED. Too bad the Big East has 4 more teams than the ACC, which means top to bottom, the ACC is a stronger conference.

WVU may be doing pretty well in the NIT, but guess what, it is the NIT.

The NIT means just as much as the Pre-Season NIT and all those other stupid tournaments...jack crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

another GT fan still bitter over the beatdown in the Gator Bowl

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UNC lost, what do you expect

Guaranteed when he gets back on he will say something like "We made it farther than Dook dide, and that everybody on our team is garbage and that that hansborough punch was on purpose and nobody goes to duke but thugs"

something along those lines..haha

[ QUOTE ]

UNC lost, what do you expect

Guaranteed when he gets back on he will say something like "We made it farther than Dook dide, and that everybody on our team is garbage and that that hansborough punch was on purpose and nobody goes to duke but thugs"

something along those lines..haha

[/ QUOTE ]

HOw about I take up his slack. Duke is Duke. They'll be good 99 years out of 100 as long as K is there. But, you gotta admit that UNC has owned the dookies to the tune of what? 3 in a row? And, unless there's a mass exodus from Chapel Hill (which I don't see more than 2 players gone) Duke will take their lumps from the Heels again next season.

[ QUOTE ]

What does Duke's recruiting class look like? Carolina's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Duke is bringing in two or three players next season. Most notable of those is Kyle Singler.

UNC has no "new" recruits for next season. Only had one guaranteed scholarship open (Reyshawn Terry to graduation). Went hard after Kevin Love, but when he signed with UCLA, decided to hold the one scholarship for the '08 class that is laden with talent. The newbie will be William Graves. He redshirted this past season. He was Player of the year in North Carolina his senior season in high school.

GT signed the #10 ranked PF and #14 ranked PG. They also signed a great shooter, not nationally ranked though.

So they have another great class in addition to their already strong Freshman.

The ACC should be really strong next, young but still strong.

Duke #3 national ranked class

VT #12

NC State #19

Wake #24

FSU #25

looks like there will be an ACC vs Big East clash for the NIT Title this year!!!

Since the defection of VT, Miami, and BC to the ACC, the BE and ACC has met several times in basketball and football with the BE coming out on top! The grass isn't always greener on the other side boys!

I'm pretty sure one of the following scenarios will occur:

A) Clemson defeats WVU and the BE supporters on this board downplay the importance of the NIT, essentially stating that it's only the NIT and that the BE has a Final Four team, and the ACC doesn't.

B) WVU defeats Clemson and BE supporters speak of how prestigous it is to win the NIT, as well as how dominant the BE is in everything.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure one of the following scenarios will occur:

A) Clemson defeats WVU and the BE supporters on this board downplay the importance of the NIT, essentially stating that it only the NIT and that the BE has a Final Four team, and the ACC doesn't.

B) WVU defeats Clemson and BE supporters speak of how prestigous it is to win the NIT, as well as how dominant the BE is in everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha nah..you wont hear that, just GO EERS

Guest JJBrickface

I don't think anyone will downplay the importance. Pretty much all WVU fans here have said that the NIT is very important for this young team. The fact that they have been able to play these extra games have been invaluable. If they lose it will suck but I will be very proud of the way they have played all year as a young team. 26 wins in a rebuilding year is a great accomplishment.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if Clemson wins, how could anyone rejoice in being the 66th best team in the nation? wink.gif

• 3 months later...

Is BC the best in the ACC? No, I didn't think so. Let's say that Tech played on of your second tier teams, say, Rutgers. Can we not all agree that Tech beat them pretty consistently when we were in the Big Least? What you are saying doesn't matter. Tell me that your best team beats our best consistently, then you will have an argument...

Nope. Virginia Tech. The Hokies are most likely at preseason top 10 team and have a very good chance of making it to the top 5 by the end of the season (or by week 2 with a win over LSU).