Bluefields AAU team beats magnolia

bluefieldRocks

I dont have an exact score, but i heard from a friend that the bluefield blazers went to magnolia and played there team. Which there whole starting lineup was MHS's starting lineup and bluefield dusted them by 25.

Whats the difference between losing by 3, and winning by 25. Coaching perhaps?

haha could be... i play on the team once my broke wrist heals up (broke it the first practice), and they are pretty good... i think some of the princeton kids are playin on it now to...

[ QUOTE ]

I dont have an exact score, but i heard from a friend that the bluefield blazers went to magnolia and played there team. Which there whole starting lineup was MHS's starting lineup and bluefield dusted them by 25.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't take a genious to figure that one out...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bluefield Blazers are not the 2006-2007 Bluefield High Beavers.

[ QUOTE ]

Would you like to know how many bluefield players are on the bluefield blazers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure the make-up of this year's team, but the majority of the kids are always from Bluefield. In the past there have been kids from Graham, Princeton, and Mount View on the team. Tony Webster used to coach the Blazers, I'm sure he still does...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Would you like to know how many bluefield players are on the bluefield blazers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know there is always a lot but thats not the point. They are two different teams, and I would probably say that the Magnolia team is different as well.

brooks, dexter, hammond, reese, ansel, turquan... all play, then theres a few others i cant thing of... from graham me and carper but i havent got to play yet cause i broke my wrist in practice... dustin hicks and jeffers played to, dont think dustin is, not sure about jeffers... and some kids from princeton play... no one from mount view... and webster is the coach... next tournaments according to the schedule he gave us they they play june 2-3 at Roanoke, and June 15-16 in PA...

i thought i was gonna get to make it back to the one june 2-3, but i dont get my cast off till june 4th, and thats a maybe... i might just cut it off myself so i can play...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Fire Gillard.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's the problem and that's the only solution if Bluefield ever wants to win in Charleston...

[/ QUOTE ]

yea but the only problem is "how are you going to fire him"...maybe people need to put alot of pressure on him to resign

Blufield is not like other AA high schools around the state. Bluefield High School has a tradition of winning and will take nothing less than excellence. Some High Schools would be tickled to death to make it to charleston. For Bluefield, thats becoming an every year event for us coming in 2nd place just dosent work for bluefield. We expect more than just to make it to charleston. We expect to come back in the middle of March with a state championship basketball trophy. and i think somebody has been holding that back from the kids who's worked there butts off. Who is it you ask? well i wont mention any names. But some changes need to be made immidietly in my opinion

it seems that the School Board and the staff at the School are just ok with making it there...i thought this year was the best team Bluefield put on the court...

Bluefield should have won the state title this year, period. There's certainly no excuse for them losing in the state quarterfinals especially in the manner in which they did. However, that will become the norm unless change comes to the program.

Looking back when we play Magnolia, the propblem was that they made us play there game. They slowed down the tempo, and our Coaching staff did nothing to change that. Until it was to late.

In my opinion, bluefield wont have a team with that kind of talent for atleast a few years. You cannot replace Dexter by any means.

Guest JJBrickface

I have to disagree with some of that. While BHS does have high expectations and a winning tradition, the history of BHS basketball isn't like football. I don't know the whole history of the bball team but we have never been the powerhouse like we are in bluefield.

[ QUOTE ]

Blufield is not like other AA high schools around the state. Bluefield High School has a tradition of winning and will take nothing less than excellence. Some High Schools would be tickled to death to make it to charleston. For Bluefield, thats becoming an every year event for us coming in 2nd place just dosent work for bluefield. We expect more than just to make it to charleston. We expect to come back in the middle of March with a state championship basketball trophy. and i think somebody has been holding that back from the kids who's worked there butts off. Who is it you ask? well i wont mention any names. But some changes need to be made immidietly in my opinion

[/ QUOTE ]

I hardly call winning a state title 2 years in a row, and making it to the championship game along with that since then. Then making it to charleston almost every year since then not a winning tradititon. I never said bluefield was a powerhouse. I was just stating for the bluefield players fans, coaches etc.. That not making it to charleston is considered a total failure in there eyes. Theres always talent in the basketball dept. year in and year out.

[ QUOTE ]

I have to disagree with some of that. While BHS does have high expectations and a winning tradition, the history of BHS basketball isn't like football. I don't know the whole history of the bball team but we have never been the powerhouse like we are in bluefield.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually the 2 sports are very common, in every aspect of that.

Guest JJBrickface

I guess my point is if you call having a winning record and making it to Charleston every year a winning tradition then Coach Gilliard is a winner.

You guys are talking about B-ball history and if my mind serves me correctly Bluefield didn't make it to Charleston before they dropped to AA thanks to Beckley always going. The first 2 years they were in AA they won it and people see to beleive that they should win it every year. It's just not going to happen. I know you EXPECT it but it's not going to happen.