How is bluefield's line expected to be, on either side of the ball in '07??

buzzsawBeaver

I went up to practice yesterday and payed particular attention to the linemen. I believe they will have a decent line this year on both sides of the ball. I d-line will have some good outside speed and a decent big man in the middle. The o-line was getting off the ball well and hitting their man very good. They are all working really hard to beef-up for the season so they can get that allways-important leverage off the snap. I believe they will be able to run the ball well as well as stop the run and get to the QB good. I will continue to post as I go watch more practices.

John! I promise you that this year's line is a lot smaller than last year. They aren't man. I promise. Shrader might be big but he isnt that good. You have to remember he was water-boy last year man. Even if we have those 3 on the inside they can still kill us from the outside man. The lines on both sides of the ball are the biggest concerns for me coming into this year. I think everything else will be alright but I don't knwo about the guys in the trenches. We'll have to wait and see how they turn out.

[ QUOTE ]

John! I promise you that this year's line is a lot smaller than last year. They aren't man. I promise. Shrader might be big but he isnt that good. You have to remember he was water-boy last year man. Even if we have those 3 on the inside they can still kill us from the outside man. The lines on both sides of the ball are the biggest concerns for me coming into this year. I think everything else will be alright but I don't knwo about the guys in the trenches. We'll have to wait and see how they turn out.

[/ QUOTE ]the line should be fine, chris and brandon harris both have experience, and marvin dowell and mike miller have tons of size, justin shrader was water boy last year cause he flunked...but we'll see how it turns out in a month or so when practice gets started

[ QUOTE ]

when does formal practice start? Drove by there today and they were practicing with helmets. just curious

[/ QUOTE ]July 30 i think its the last monday in july before august begins whatever day that is

Marvin aint nothing he is toooooooo big for one and he is very slow and everyone that every played line affectivly knows that it dosn't matter how big you are it deppends on your levrage so give me some one samll that will stay low and is quick marvin wont do much if he does hell be a big surprise.