To make things fair

To all the hard working folks out there........... I work everyday to make ends meat... and I know most of you do too. I make a decent living and it just pisses me off everytime I get my paycheck. I have a "JOB" that requires me to take random drug test and I pass without a doubt everytime. However, if I failed this test I would be fired from my job. This is how messed up our system is.... I work my a$$ off everyday but if I failed this test I would not get paid. Our government should make all the "disabled" people that are living off of the money "WE" pay in every payday take the same drug test the "Working Man" has to take to keep our jobs. How many of these checkers would still get their checks every month if they had to take the same drug test? Not many... Correct me if I'm wrong. It just pisses me off that things are ran this way. I just had to take a min to vent... Anyone else feel this way?

Seems just that simple right?

haha

The Federal Government is so f'n screwed up these days.

I am starting to think of late Libertarian is the only option that makes any sense at all.

The Gov. is just too big that they don't know what the frick is going on 99.9% of the time.

The 14th amendment screwed us all over, or that is how I feel.

But back to your vent, I went to a Conference on National Affairs last year (going next week too) and this was an issue that was brought up, but liberals just don't want to give any leeway on Social assistance.

The more Social programs the better is there moto.

[ QUOTE ]

and what if you come into work one day stoned out of your mind and hurt yourself on some equipment? Then the company would be screwed

[/ QUOTE ]

you missed the entire point of what he said...try again Jr.

Welfare is "social assistance". Disability is for people who are disabled from gainful employment. It's money that every disabled person is entitled to and is based on the amount they paid in while working.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

and what if you come into work one day stoned out of your mind and hurt yourself on some equipment? Then the company would be screwed

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call Lance, haha.

rocks, not even close man.

The point is the Fed. gov. could be paying (and they are) citizens on Social programs to use, buy, deal drugs and we don't even know it.

BUT Tully

we have hope,

The one good thing (that I can remember, but there are very few) is the Welfare Reform Act of 1996 that he pushed for.

Since the money for Social Programs is now given to the states as categorial grants, then the states can choose how they administer the money, as long as it is for Social programs (welfare, etc).

So, maybe a Red midwest state (prol Kansas, haha) may stand up and push for some much needed change.

[ QUOTE ]

Welfare is "social assistance". Disability is for people who are disabled from gainful employment. It's money that every disabled person is entitled to and is based on the amount they paid in while working.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO BIG D, you aren't ENTITLED to JACK CRAP in this country except freedom of oppurtunity.

The Fed. laws are so screwed up, the welfare laws costs companies billions upon billions of dollars of profit every year.

Not because of paying out the disability, but because the federal laws requires companies to have disability insurance.

Such a big mess, but I do not disagree with disablity benefits, just how it is administered.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No...I was right in what i said. Because the bum at home eating nachos stoned out of his mind or whatever you said is int on somebody else's property using machinery that is dangerous...

Have you ever thought about it like that?

I understand what you're saying about if you cannot smoke weed and keep a job. then why should people who get a check at the beginning of the month still be able to let the check roll in and them still smoke weed.

But theres more to it than that

[ QUOTE ]

Make them take the TEST!! If they pass, by all means, they are entitled to the money. If not, they don't get that check... Is that fair or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is fair, to simple folk like us, BUT the arguement from Liberals is that the gov. money is being wasted for a $15 drug test.

They would rather the recipients be druggies and waste the money on drugs than pay the $15 for a drug test to ensure that the money is put to good use.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No...I was right in what i said. Because the bum at home eating nachos stoned out of his mind or whatever you said is int on somebody else's property using machinery that is dangerous...

Have you ever thought about it like that?

I understand what you're saying about if you cannot smoke weed and keep a job. then why should people who get a check at the beginning of the month still be able to let the check roll in and them still smoke weed.

But theres more to it than that

[/ QUOTE ]

rocks, again, missing the point.

The POINT is that the bum at home smoking weed is using GOVERNMENT MONEY TO BUY HIS DOPE.

The bum is able to keep up his habbit by using social assistance with no drug tests, but Tully, the hard working blue collar man is being tested just to keep his job.

And he is getting a check every month? While I work every day drug-free? Now that's fair... I wasn't saying to take the testing out of the workplace.... I was saying test the people getting a free payday every month. Your simple might not understand this now... but you will, when half your payday is taken out every month to support the "checkers" out there.

Reagan isn't running, nor is Teddy, so no hope.

I'm being serious, there is not a candidate I like, but I don't know much about Thompson.

oh yeah, and let's hope Bloomy gets in the race.

That is the best bet for the GOP (even though they piss me off, but just slightly less than the Dems) to get the White House.

Yeah, the working man really doesn't have a direct choice to turn.

The book I am reading now talks abot how the Dems., which used to be the blue collar party, turned in the 72 election to the party of Hollywood and lost all concern for the working man.

Dem. and GOP alike have no clue what the average person in this country wants.