? for G-Man

pdfan

Actually 2 questions G-Man. Is Magna Vista still playing in the scrimmage this weekend? They didn't start practice last week because of a sudden death in the head coaches family.Didn't start until Monday of this week, so I guess per VHSL rules Sat. would be their first day in full gear. Just wondering. Also, I noticed that MV was scrimmaging Gretna at the Bassett jamboree(now being held at Fieldale-Collinsville Middle school because of field issues at BHS) but we also play them during the regular season. I've never known this to happen before,just wondering if this is a typo on the Bassett website. Also with a non-district schedule of Heritage-Lynchburg,Liberty-Bedford,Reidsville,NC,William Campbell,Gretna, and Wm. Fleming look for MV to miss the playoffs for the first time in about 10 yrs.(in the revamped region 4 we probably wouldn't have made it anyway!)

I don't know if Magna Vista will be there this week or not...if I hear, I'll let you know.

As for the Bassett scrimmage, what's on there on their website is the only info I have:

"Notes:

· Piedmont District Schools obviously will not be playing each other

· Tunstall plays Chatham, Gretna, and Piedmont Schools, therefore they must play Western Albemarle and Halifax

· Western Albemarle requested 2nd game and one soon thereafter for travel purposes

· Other requests were made and taken into consideration for scheduling

The above schedule takes into consideration the requests made by coaches, the fact that everyone will be playing their first contest against other’s first contest, their second contest against other’s second contest, and gives everyone at least one game to sit and rest before playing again."