Well everyone...

beano5

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Who is Theiry Henry playing for this year. I believe he got traded didnt he?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah henry is now playing for barcelona...and ronaldhino is demanding a transfer to chelsea fc..so yeah

[/ QUOTE ]

Ronaldinho isn't "demanding" a trade either. His agent might want him traded, but spanish media blows stuff way out of proportion even more than our media does. Especially now, it wouldn't be logical for R10 to go to Chelsea since Morinho is gone. In the first place, Morinho was the biggest draw for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanx for the clear up...thats what i had been hearing on espn...but yeah R10 and Henry...with Et'o...OMFG..Barcelona is even nastier!

[/ QUOTE ]

Add Messi, Deco, Iniesta, Puyol, and Marquez to that, and you have a team that shouldn't ever lose a game. They are stacked and are probably the team to beat this year in Champions League.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i didnt forget them..just didnt add them lol...they are stacked and ur right...they should never lose a game..

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Is baseball a contact sport? They do make contact occasionally.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha

comparing baseball to soccer = not relevant

[/ QUOTE ]

It's completely relevant. Like baseball, soccer isn't a contact sport because the object of the game doesn't rely on contact.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another point that I thought was valid was something that one of my friends had said. He said something along the lines that in the epl, there is a good amount of contact, but he still wouldnt say its a "contact sport." the reason for this is not finesse play or whatever, its the fact that there is so much talent on both sides that wreckless tackles result in goals against,lost games, lost money, lost jobs, etc., etc. coaching professional players to play that way would be near suicidal.

Hahaha, naaa, we're all better people without personal attacks on Jeff who is apparently a, uhhh, redneck cunt... The funny thing is that the only english "football" match he's seen is on tv, and that's most likely champions league, which holds huge differences from real english football. But I think that argument is over. Soccer has contact in it, but isn't based on contact like american football or rugby.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Is baseball a contact sport? They do make contact occasionally.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha

comparing baseball to soccer = not relevant

[/ QUOTE ]

It's completely relevant. Like baseball, soccer isn't a contact sport because the object of the game doesn't rely on contact.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got the point I was tryin to make. Baseball has contact and is is actually incouraged when it occurs (home plate collisions, taking out the 2nd baseman on a DP). No one is penalized for making the contact, but Baseball is still not a contact sport.