How did Grundy do today?

Lance

Rough day for the Wave. Grundy had a lot of trouble moving the ball til late in the game. Pike Central had 4 scores (I think...having a bit of a senior moment). In my defense, I was at Mitchell yesterday from 1:30 til the police jumped on me for daring to step onto the corner of the field while heading around to get a pizza at game-over prices ('course anyone that knows me enough to pay attention saw me hop back on it when they turned their attention to other trespassers) and at East Ridge from 5:30 til closing. After a while, the scores run together. They would have faired better against one of teams that played before them. Pike Central's #5 could motor on down the field. Sorry I could not give you better news.

Pound got the better of Phelps. Honestly, I ran into a bunch of people I hadn't seen in a long time and we couldn't get our talking done enough for me to pay attention to the Haysi game to the point of being able to tell you much. We always were a rowdy bunch and it's hard to concentrate with somebody smacking ya in the back of the head or worse. Sorry....I should have thumped them and paid more attention.

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone have a report of how things are looking?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lance in all honesty..we still need to get clicking earlier on Offense...had some good plays , but near the end we moved the ball well...Defense looked better..actually hitting and tackeling people..held pike central well...only plays they scored on were very long runs..the one kid was very fast..#5 as mentioned before..but if he was touched he went down..may not be so bad after all...

I missed all of the Pound scrimmage and Half of the Grundy scrimmage What I saw was a Grundy team that had a tough time moving the football till the 2nd units came out. Grundys D did not look horrible but did have a tough time stopping the other team but probably nothing that can't be fixed

Haysi IMHO looked good Powers was a hoss last year and looks a step of 2 quicker this season There QB can throw the ball better than Compton did last year and looks to be a solid runner as well.The Tigers however are a much smaller (size wise) than they have been in several years while this did not seem to slow them down on O I thought that they have taken a bit of a step back on D (But they were still able to shut down eastridge but IMHO East Ridge is not very good)

I agree with you counts. We sat together and had the same perspective it seems. I think Haysi will be a little better on offense this year but a little worse on defense. East Ridge was terrible in my estimation. I think the final was Haysi 21 East Ridge 0 but with the way they ran the clock straight through the game ended really quick so I don't think it would be that close if they played a real game.

First 10 plays on offense:

1. run/middle= +3 yds

2. pass/left quick hitter= +2 yds

3. run/off left tackle= +4 yds

4. run/left= -2 yds

5. run/middle= +1 yd

6. run/middle= 0 yds

7. sweep/right= +11 yds

8. pass/left quick hitter= +2 yds

9. run/off left tackle= <1 yd

10. pass/ middle 12 yds downfield= incomplete

First 10 plays on defense:

1. run/left= +8 yds

2. run/right= +3 yds

3. run/off left tackle= TD

4. pass/QB sacked= -2 yds

5. pass/QB sacked= -5 yds

6. sweep/right= +6 yds

7. pass/right= incomplete

8. run/off right tackle= +7 yds

9. pass/QB flushed= +18 yds

10. run/left for +6 yds, cut back right for + 18 yds

They did seem to find a rhythm later in the game. By the way, I ran upon a motorcycle vs. car accident during the trip over and stopped to help out. Everyone needs to keep the motorcycle rider in their thoughts and prayers.