Changes for James Monroe

MavsRock

One thing we've talked alot about is how bad James Monroe did against Giles. Part of that was that Giles has 23 seniors and is lokking pretty good, especially on offense, another is that James Monroe is doing a little more rebuilding than most realize, especially on offense.

By my count, only 4 players are starting in the same position they were last year. The tight ends are different, one having transferred in from Woodrow, one of last years ends has moved to gaurd, they other to fullback, the blocking back, Mann has only played LB and FB before.

I do like what I see overall, Taylor stays at TB, Kiesel to FB, Mann at BB and Tincher stays at WB, This has actually been the backfiled I wanted to see for several reasons, once we get in sink, This could be one of the best offenses in the early, hopefully we can avoid upsets early on. I'll have to see about Lance at TE, but I've heard the Robinson kid has real good speed.

Defensively, changes aren't quite as drastic, but I do like Daniel and Nick at DE, that was a positions we consistanly had problems with last year.

The Mavs might have gotten a good one in him. He will be a 10th grader. He played RB at Beckley. He got into the endzone a couple times at the end of lopsided games as a 9th grader.

I think he has a lot of potential. He also has good size. He was a fairly big 9th grader, about 6'1" or 6'2" last season.

Can't tell you how glad I am to hear that, receiving's been one of my big concerns. Hopefully he can help us out, always happy to welcome a good athlete to the program. By the way, how Woodrow looking this year?

James Monroe recruits, James Monroe recruits, James Monroe recruits! The new Wheeling Central of the south!

**Disclaimer: For those without a sense of humor I was kidding, please do not get your panties in a bunch. Good luck to the Mavs this season with the exception of one game. wink.gif

The Robinson kid is also a pretty good basketball player.

As for Beckley, it's really hard to tell anymore. It can't be any worse than last season's 1-9 which was the worst in school history. Three years ago it was 2-8. Of couse the year between those they had one of the best teams in AAA. Kind of hard to explain.

There were around 100 out. The positive was most of the players last season were young and will be back older, stronger, and better. A couple that were ineligible are supposed to be back. The strength will be the backfield and the speed. There are four or five good running backs that return and the QB is back. The running game could be explosive IF the line gives them any help. Of the few players the team lost, three of them were linemen.

The defense will all be back as well. At least four of those guys were sophomores last season with the rest mostly juniors. Hopefully they will be tougher and more experienced and can get some stops.

That being said, I really don't know what to expect. They will be better for sure. How much better, I don't really know.

It will be interesting.

[ QUOTE ]

Ali ran a 4.31 in the Nike combine in Columbus and a 4.29 at the Scout.com combine in Pittsburgh. He also took state championships in the 100 and 200.

Give those backs a line!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just nasty, absolutely nasty! Is he being recruited to run track at any of the major D1 schools?

That's just nasty, absolutely nasty! Is he being recruited to run track at any of the major D1 schools?

He has been offered a track scholarship from UCLA and I also here that WVU is interested as a kickoff/punt retuner.