Congrats to Bluefield

CPF

Nice win for the beavers, you guys were just better tonight.When you turn the ball over its hard to come away with a win.I think that Graham will win some games, more than they lose,and I think that Bluefield will have a great season if the line comes together for them. I continue to be really impressed with David Marrs, his composure for a sophomore is exceptional. He is going to be a good one. Will Cole had a pretty good game, and I'd like to wish him luck in taking the Beavers all the way to Wheeling. Overall a good game, and even though we didn't win I don't feel really bad about the loss. The mistakes we made tonight can be corrected. Our defense is pretty solid overall and I only expect them to get better.

[ QUOTE ]

Nice win for the beavers, you guys were just better tonight.When you turn the ball over its hard to come away with a win.I think that Graham will win some games, more than they lose,and I think that Bluefield will have a great season if the line comes together for them. I continue to be really impressed with David Marrs, his composure for a sophomore is exceptional. He is going to be a good one. Will Cole had a pretty good game, and I'd like to wish him luck in taking the Beavers all the way to Wheeling. Overall a good game, and even though we didn't win I don't feel really bad about the loss. The mistakes we made tonight can be corrected. Our defense is pretty solid overall and I only expect them to get better.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounded like a good game, from this far away, at least. I think it's really promising how Graham played in the second half of the game, they held Bluefield's offense pretty well, to only 6 points.

Did it seem Freddy Simon went conservative in the second half, to preserve the lead, or was it halftime adjustments?

My dad said that Cole looked okay at QB, but he missed seeing a lot of open receivers. Considering he's still pretty new to the system there, and just a junior, maybe he's got some room to mature and advance a little.

It was a good win for Bluefield against a team as physical as Graham. Bluefield's speed, which was impressive, was the difference. I really felt going into tonight that this game would set the tone for the remainder of the season. I wanted to see what type of toughness Bluefield had against a hard-nose, blue collar team such as Graham. Bluefield has plenty of room to improve, however, on both sides of the ball. The penalties need to stop b/c they killed Bluefield a number of times offensively. It was the first game of the year though, so some of that is to be expected. But again, it was a good win for Bluefield. Graham is going to win a number of games this year. If they can stay healthy Graham will be a serious contender in the SWD. No team in the SWD will have the overall speed and athletes of Bluefield. The SWD teams will tend to play more into Graham's favor. Good luck to the G-Men the rest of the season. As always, let's bring home state titles to both sides of the stateline.