blue ridge district

zack

why did the vhsl leave only 4 teams in this district? it could have easily made a decision to put staunton river from the seminole in this district. staunton river is not that far from william byrd high school and used to be part of the blue ridge district.

well, anyway, the district teams look to be better!

allegheny last season 4-6 returns 9 starters and looked pretty good in their opening win over cave spring 27-7.

allegheny high school is located between clifton forge and covington in allegheny county.

lord bototourt 5-6 last year returns 10 starters won their first game easily 36-7 over james river in a county rivalry, in which they probably held the score down.

lord bototourt is located just out side of roanoke up i81 on us 220., about 15 minutes from salem high school.

northside last season 1-9 returns 16 starters last 2 good years were 2000 and 2001 , when they were undefeated in regular season.2 players from that those teams were justin london, who played linebacker for UCLA, and jon copper, who starts at UVA at linebacker.northside is located in roanoke, just off peters creek road, about 10 minutes from salem high school.

william byrd high school was 5-5 last year but return 18 starters. i believe they will be very strong-they traditionally give salem most problems. william byrd is located in vinton,an independant town in roanoke county, about 20 minutes from salem high school.

staunton river high school is just ro the east of vinton, i believe about 10 miles.

i guess there is some politics with the vhsl, because i just dont understand there practices sometimes.