Bluefield-Princeton score AND stats update

BeaverHokie

[ QUOTE ]

any turnovers?

[/ QUOTE ]

At halftime, no. I've missed some of the game since halftime, but I know there have been at least two by Princeton now. Ponder intercepted a pass at the 3 yard line, and this last score, was due to a fumble recovery by Mike Miller...fumble caused by Joe Stone.

Final stats

Bluefield 20 Princeton 0

Rushing

Bluefield 35 rush 222 yards

Princeton 47 rush 94 yards

Passing

Bluefield 7-18 100 yards

Princeton 7-15 43 yards

Total yardage

Bluefield 322

Princeton 137

Bluefield had 12 penalties for 95 yards

Bluefields D dominated, but the offense just didn't capitalize on opportunities...

there were a lot of dropped passes... passes that were on the money - and one would have been for a TD. I thought Will Cole did pretty good tonight considering the dropped passes. I was amused when people started yelling for Mclannahan when he sailed 1 past over ponders head..... so I made sure to cheer extra loud for Will the rest of the time. people need to get over it and accept that he's the QB. Mclannahan actually does pretty good on D-fense... maybe 'ol Freddy knows something after all

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefields D dominated, but the offense just didn't capitalize on opportunities...

there were a lot of dropped passes... passes that were on the money - and one would have been for a TD. I thought Will Cole did pretty good tonight considering the dropped passes. I was amused when people started yelling for Mclannahan when he sailed 1 past over ponders head..... so I made sure to cheer extra loud for Will the rest of the time. people need to get over it and accept that he's the QB. Mclannahan actually does pretty good on D-fense... maybe 'ol Freddy knows something after all

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like there is enough talent, that they can platoon...not everyone plays both ways. I think that can REALLY help in a tough game, to keep guys fresh. It can also help with injuries, keeping guys fresh keeps them safer, and less opportunities for something to happen.

How was the crowd? Sounds like it was standing room only. I think before, I heard that the place holds 6,000, that's 4,000 on the home side and 2,000 on the visitor side. The radio guys estimated that there were 4,000 Bluefield fans there. If so...wow, considering there are, at most, 5,000-6,000 Bluefield fans at the best home games.

[ QUOTE ]

I was amused when people started yelling for Mclannahan when he sailed 1 past over ponders head.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would be referring to I and a bunch of other Alumnus of BHS. and we've been yelling that since we found out McClanahan was getting his spot taken by a friggin sophomore transfer

it was PACKED!!!!! biggest crowd that place has ever seen..... the line to get in was ridiculous

I got a questions... I heard that Princeton's #1 was a freshman and #7 was a soph... if so - DANG..... we gotta deal with them for 2 more years.

#7 Jarell Powell, JT Powell's little brother. That spread offense didnt work at all. Either he hands it off up the middle for a 2 yard gain. Or runs the option to either side and then pitches and fumbles or QB keeper for 5 yards

Spread Option sucks, unless your WVU

The refs kept Princeton in the game tonight (while they were in it). The first 5-6 penalties were on Bluefield, most of which were phantom calls. Princeton didn't get a penalty until midway through the 2nd qtr. Bluefield's D held strong the entire game with a bend but don't break philosophy.

The Princeton offense is the equivalent of a 12 year old playing with the Falcons on Madden. QB scramble every other play with inaccurate throws when the ball is actually passed. I see Princeton winning maybe 3 or 4 games at most with the way they rely on the QB Powell.

Another solid defensive effort tonight. Princeton may have had less yards if Bluefield would have tackled instead of trying to strip the ball a couple of times. The offense had a nice flow early, which was seriously disrupted by a bunch of guys wearing stripe shirts. Cole had more nice passes tonight than bad ones and had two beautiful deep balls dropped by his receivers. Joyner did atone for his drop with the TD catch in the 4th qtr. Ponder's first catch of the evening was just nasty, absolutely nasty.

There's no doubt that #1 from Princeton, Tevin Allen, looks likes he's going to be a stud in a year or two. Powell looked good as well running the ball, but I'm not sure QB is the right position for him. Princeton's upgraded facilities looked good. I just didn't know that they had renamed Hunnicutt to "Homer" Field... grin.gif

#1-Fres....#7-Soph.....and whole line will return (all underclassman)...something like 2 or 3 seniors on offense....those young guys played tough against a veteran Bluefield team.....Bluefields team speed is something to behold.....Princeton will take some lumps in conference play but if they stick together I think they will get better every week

sources.....you must play madden from time to time,,,,say isn't that where Lil freddie gets most of his plays....looks to me as if Princeton's line is still trying to understand the zone concept,,,they sure didn't tonight but they are young...I do remember a Princeton offense that put 44 on Bluefield 2 years ago and Blfd's D look like they were playing on JV Madden level (I had to throw that in)

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I was amused when people started yelling for Mclannahan when he sailed 1 past over ponders head.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would be referring to I and a bunch of other Alumnus of BHS. and we've been yelling that since we found out McClanahan was getting his spot taken by a friggin sophomore transfer

[/ QUOTE ]

just be glad bluefields d is so good McClanahan is really a good qb to bad money talks

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just be glad bluefields d is so good McClanahan is really a good qb to bad money talks

[/ QUOTE ]

Will cole put the ball on the money several times tonight. Give it a rest. can we quit this discussion? geez...

[ QUOTE ]

sources.....you must play madden from time to time,,,,say isn't that where Lil freddie gets most of his plays....looks to me as if Princeton's line is still trying to understand the zone concept,,,they sure didn't tonight but they are young...I do remember a Princeton offense that put 44 on Bluefield 2 years ago and Blfd's D look like they were playing on JV Madden level (I had to throw that in)

[/ QUOTE ]

aparently the plays work if he does or not.....and i remember they lost everyone from the year before when they won state.

you guys crack me up.....when I need a good laugh I simply turn to this site and see the poetic garbage that has been written.......you guys will be the same people that throws the kids and coaches overboard when something doesn't go your way......just a bunch of arm chair madden playing QB's....lol ( I can't wait to see the responses)