South Florida Over WVU: 21-13

Deleted Account

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

i still believe our offense suffered...our defense played pretty dog on well imo...but we still have yet to establish a running game with Slaton...what's with the Jarred Brown show in the second half...slaton had very few carries...thought he was a heisman canidate? what is Coach Rod doing??

[/ QUOTE ]

Slaton got hurt I thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

no pat white did...slaton was still in...they just never gave him the ball

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. Sorry about that. In that case, there was no reason to not give Slaton the ball. He's a dynamic enough ball carrier that he can make plays happen, even if the defense might have his number for a game. Also, where was Divine?

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly...every run they had was something to Brown..u have to give Slaton the ball once Whtie leaves...Devine ran some..but like i said..Brown either ran or passed so there was few runs for Slaton, Devine, or even Schmitt

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

i still believe our offense suffered...our defense played pretty dog on well imo...but we still have yet to establish a running game with Slaton...what's with the Jarred Brown show in the second half...slaton had very few carries...thought he was a heisman canidate? what is Coach Rod doing??

[/ QUOTE ]

Slaton got hurt I thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

no pat white did...slaton was still in...they just never gave him the ball

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. Sorry about that. In that case, there was no reason to not give Slaton the ball. He's a dynamic enough ball carrier that he can make plays happen, even if the defense might have his number for a game. Also, where was Divine?

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly...every run they had was something to Brown..u have to give Slaton the ball once Whtie leaves...Devine ran some..but like i said..Brown either ran or passed so there was few runs for Slaton, Devine, or even Schmitt

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we should have had a few more carried had Brown did his reads better. In other words he kept the ball when he shouldn't have. It was a bad night of execution for WVU on the offensive side. This is something they will have to fix soon.

They just might finish the season higher than 6th, in my opinion. I've listed this prior to this message, but after looking at their schedule, and seeing the two toughest tests being at Rutgers and home against Cincinnati, it's not crazy to believe that they could win out until the bowl game, at least. They're not a physically imposing team, but what they lack in size they make up with drive and focus, and this is worth a bunch on the playing field. It will be interesting to watch them, especially coming down the stretch.

There is no reason that UF should have been higher than WVU. Right now Florida will fall next week again at LSU. Bye, bye gators. Oklahoma might lose to Texas in the Red River Shootout! USC AND CAL play this year too. We've got a shot of getting back in the top 5 eventually. This weekend will be an awesome weekend for college football. USF has to lose 2 conference games for us to get a shot at the BE championship.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

There is no reason that UF should have been higher than WVU. Right now Florida will fall next week again at LSU. Bye, bye gators. Oklahoma might lose to Texas in the Red River Shootout! USC AND CAL play this year too. We've got a shot of getting back in the top 5 eventually. This weekend will be an awesome weekend for college football. USF has to lose 2 conference games for us to get a shot at the BE championship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or if there is a 3 way tie and we are the highest ranked team then we will get the BCS game.

[quote

[/ QUOTE ]

Or if there is a 3 way tie and we are the highest ranked team then we will get the BCS game.

[/ QUOTE ]

No chance. Look where the national voters (Chris Fowler in particular) placed WVU. If it's WVU and South Florida they'll vote for the Bulls.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/speci...mp;SECTION=HOME

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[quote

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No chance. Look where the national voters (Chris Fowler in particular) placed WVU. If it's WVU and South Florida they'll vote for the Bulls.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/speci...mp;SECTION=HOME

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes there is a chance, its not if you lose its when you lose. If South Florida loses and WVU wins out then they will pass South Florida.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]\

According to BE rules the team with the highest BCS ranking, in the event of a tie, gets the BCS bid

So if WVU wins out and USF loses one BE game late in the year....WVU will more than likely finished higher ranked and get the bid

Guest JJBrickface

Oh ok sweet. Thats what I thought but someone convinced me that it had to be a 3 way tie. I remember now in 2003 that we were tied with Miami and its not that they beat us but because they were ranked higher than us.

I thought if two teams had the same amount of losses. Its the head-2-head rule and whomever won the game between them moves on?

Then if its 3 teams with the same amount of losses, then it goes to highest BCS ranking gets the automatic bid

yeah...WVU was in the driving seat if they would have just won...because #3,4,7,10..lost....which would mean WVU would have been #3...and then USC would have lost to either Oregon or Cal...and then LSU playing in the SEC has a slim chance of losing..but not likely...that would mean WVU #2 and in the Ship...might not have won...but that would have been an accomplishment!!

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

So if WVU wins out and USF loses one BE game late in the year....WVU will more than likely finished higher ranked and get the bid

Total Insanity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thats pretty much what I'm saying. How is that total insanity? look at the past...history repeats itself.

[ QUOTE ]

No, If WVU wins out and USF loses 1 BE game this year then USF will get the BCS bowl bid because they won the Head to Head match up with WVU

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so......If USF loses to Rutgers and WVU beats Rutgers then that will cause a 3-way tie......With WVU more than likely being the higher ranking and thus getting the BCS bid

Either way, As long as WVU wins out....there is no reason they shouldn't get a bcs bid......but thats in early Dec.......lets worry about beating Syracuse first