3rd Quarter Stoppage?

Neondion1

Unable to attend but heard that the Big Creek / Twin Valley game ended after the 3rd quarter. There were no unordinary circumstances (fights, weather, lights, etc.)to cause this. I have heard of letting the clock run in the second half when the score is out of hand but never a stoppage. Unsure if maybe Twin Valley through in the towel? I would think it would have been good for both teams to get some experience, even if it was 2nd or 3rd string for one side.

Any answers?

Write up from the BDT doesn't mention anything about it...

Riffe, Benton run Owls past Twin Valley

Staff reports

Bluefield Daily Telegraph

WAR — Joey Riffe ran for 103 yards and a touchdown on just six carries, as Big Creek improved to 5-2 with a 47-0 blowout win over the Panthers on Friday night.

Big Creek led 41-0 at the break. Riffe scored on runs of 10, 40 and 43 yards. Ronnie Benton ran for 79 yards on six carries, scoring on runs of 10 and 40 yards.

Benton also scored when Cody Johnson intercepted a Twin Valley pass and returned it to the Panthers’ 5-yard line before tossing the ball back to Benton score went the final five yards for the score.

Aaron Holland gained 77 yards for Big Creek, while Austin Johnson ran twice for 86 yards and a touchdown. Cody Johnson finished with 16 yards rushing for Owls, which will travel next Friday to Iaeger.

at Big Creek High School

Twin Valley..........................0 0 0 0 — 0

Big Creek..........................14 27 6 0 — 47

First Quarter

BC—Ronnie Benton 10 run (run failed) 10:31

BC—Austin Johnson 82 runs (Hank Hollins run) 3:22

Second Quarter

BC—Joey Riffe 10 run (Riffe run) 11:54

BC—Riffe 40 run (kick failed) 5:49

BC—Benton 32 run (kick failed) 2:30

BC—Benton 5 interception return 6.9 (Chris Hale kick)

Third Quarter

BC—Riffe 43 run (kick failed) 7:56

I saw that as well. But heard when the end of the 3rd quarter buzzer sounded the teams lined up, shook hands and departed the field without playing quarter number 4. I realize it wasn't much of a game but just have never heard of anything like that. You would think both teams would have liked to have had their young guys in to just go through the motions.

I think who ever told you that must have fell asleep and missed the quarter change...with the continuous running clock, two quarters can go by as fast as one with stoppages...