Big Rumor about James Monroe...

MavsRock

Heard it from several people last night that however James Monroe's season ends, hopefully with a win in Wheeling, we're in for a wild off-season. Rumor has it that Coach Witt will be going to Princeton in 2008. If anyone knows anything about this please confirm or deny, and if it is true, who are we looking at as a replacement?

[ QUOTE ]

Heard it from several people last night that however James Monroe's season ends, hopefully with a win in Wheeling, we're in for a wild off-season. Rumor has it that Coach Witt will be going to Princeton in 2008. If anyone knows anything about this please confirm or deny, and if it is true, who are we looking at as a replacement?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard other another mentioned for the Princeton job...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who was it?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Matt Dixon, former Mav quarterback who is presently on the Richlands coaching staff, would be a natural candidate.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Matt Dixon, former Mav quarterback who is presently on the Richlands coaching staff, would be a natural candidate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! don't ask me how I didn't know that. How long has he been down there, and what exactly are his duties?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

heard from a princeton player that he Spadaro wasnt leaving till he won a state championship, which will probably never happen.

also, take no offense to this, but princeton does not want your coach. Their boosters have been trying to get spadaro out for years, in hopes of only one man getting the job. If the job becomes open, Randy Peak will get it. He deserves it too, the players like him and he knows football.

no need to worry about your coach...

We will always worry about our coach -- during a game we sit there and say "What are you thinking, coach??!!" "Have you lost your mind, coach??!!" "What kind of play calling was that, coach??!!" (laugh)

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who was it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I cannot repeat the name I've been told.

And if Spardo isn't leaving until he wins a state title then he'll die as the Princeton coach. Seriously though, I've heard from two different people in recent days that Spardo plans to step at the end of this season. That is a little surprising considering he has two very good playmakers in Powell and Allen that have two and three years left at Princeton following this season. Allen could, I said could, make a serious push for the Kennedy Award in another year or two. He could be the best player to ever come out of Princeton if he continues to get better as a player. I guess we'll see what happens...

[ QUOTE ]

I cannot repeat the name I've been told.

And if Spardo isn't leaving until he wins a state title then he'll die as the Princeton coach. Seriously though, I've heard from two different people in recent days that Spardo plans to step at the end of this season. That is a little surprising considering he has two very good playmakers in Powell and Allen that have two and three years left at Princeton following this season. Allen could, I said could, make a serious push for the Kennedy Award in another year or two. He could be the best player to ever come out of Princeton if he continues to get better as a player. I guess we'll see what happens...

[/ QUOTE ]

He's being pressured by those who dropped the money for the new field. I think the people in Princeton realize the talent they've got coming up and don't want Spadero to screw this one up like he did with the Albin group several years ago...lots of pissed P-town fans after that quick exit from the WV AAA playoffs...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Spadaro hates everything that is Princeton high boosters. They have already tried to pay him off... TWICE! he doesnt care what any princeton fans think, he is gonna do whatever he wants. He sat his players down and said he would be with these players until he won a state championship. i agree this will never happen, but several of the players i talked to told me this.

And as for the boosters, they LOVE randy peak. He will get the job no matter what. If he does, then Princetons program will get turned around.

And also there are do many spadaro coaching rumors going around it isnt even funny. Last i heard he was going to New Zealand to starts a womans football league down there.

Beavertail is right on the money here. Randy is well liked by everyone in Princeton, is a teacher, and has time in as an assistant at Athens and Princeton, and as a head coach at the middle school. His record there is very good. I would say he would definitely be the front runner for the job if it becomes open.

Someone wanted me to ask this question. Does the person with the most senority automatically get the head coaching job in Mercer County? I told the person that I didn't think so, but that it gave them a definite advantage over the competition. "The truth" is that another individual will apply for the job with around 25 years of experience in the Mercer County school sytem...

Dont know who you are speaking of applying with 25 years in. There is a point system used for hiring coaches. Seniority coaching is a big factor. I figure Randy Peek, Buster Large, Moose Angel, and Anderson a current assistant will all apply.

[ QUOTE ]

Dont know who you are speaking of applying with 25 years in. There is a point system used for hiring coaches. Seniority coaching is a big factor. I figure Randy Peek, Buster Large, Moose Angel, and Anderson a current assistant will all apply.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much experience does each of those individuals have in the school system?

Ok I'll speculate. I really dont think Freddy would be interested at all. I dont think Jeff Boyles would be, nor Ernie Martin, or Bud Steckline. Terry Hughes cant have it, so you must know someone that I am forgeting. You can send it too me confidentially by IM, LOL.

[ QUOTE ]

Someone wanted me to ask this question. Does the person with the most senority automatically get the head coaching job in Mercer County? I told the person that I didn't think so, but that it gave them a definite advantage over the competition. "The truth" is that another individual will apply for the job with around 25 years of experience in the Mercer County school sytem...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank God it wasn't done that way in Monroe Co. after Don Jackson stepped down! I won't mention names, but many JM fans know who would've won on seniority then, and the result would've been no less than the death of James Monroe football.

I remember when that was going on, one of the mother's of one of our best players said that had that certain person got the job, she would've transferred her boy to Narrows.

Obviously there's going to be doubr in my mind about this until I find out whether or not Witt's coming back next year. I'd heard a slight hint of this right before the season, but it resurfaced in a big way last night. Hopefully IF this is true, we get a good replacement. Witt's a good coach (despite what I say while the game's going on), last night a 28 game regular season win streak was snapped, you don't have that kind of streak without good coach

[ QUOTE ]

talking about coaches swicthing jobs. i heard rumor from a good source that mann was waiting till ragsdale retires then he is back to giles.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there's any truth to that, he'll have some big shoes to fill.