The WV AA playoff picture...

Bluefield_Rules

Pioneer_PA over at TSP put in a lot of hard work to crunch the numbers and come up with the max and minimum points those AA teams still alive for a playoff spot can end up with. Here they are:

1. Bluefield--MAX: 14.11 MIN: 11.78

2. Wayne--MAX: 12.80 MIN: 11.30

3. James Monroe--MAX: 11.70 MIN: 10.00

4. Scott--MAX: 11.20 MIN: 9.40

5. Berkeley Springs--MAX: 10.30 MIN: 8.90

6. Keyser--MAX: 10.40 MIN: 8.60

7. Magnolia--MAX: 9.50 MIN: 8.40

8. Tyler Consolidated--MAX: 9.20 MIN: 7.90

9. Wyoming East--MAX: 9.10 MIN: 7.50

10. Logan--MAX: 9.20 MIN: 7.10

11. Chapmanville--MAX: 8.60 MIN: 7.00

12. Sissonville--7.50 FINAL

13. Liberty-Raleigh--MAX: 8.20 MIN: 6.50

14. Tolsia--MAX: 7.00 MIN: 6.80

15. Ravenswood--MAX: 7.30 MIN: 5.80

16. Grafton--MAX: 6.60 MIN: 5.40

17. Liberty-Harrison--MAX: 6.00 MIN: 5.67

(tie) Roane County--MAX: 6.20 MIN: 5.10

(tie) Westside--MAX: 6.30 MIN: 5.10

(tie) Winfield--MAX: 6.20 MIN: 5.10

If the numbers are correct it would appear that win or lose on Friday night that Bluefield has secured homefield throughout the playoffs until the state finals. That is HUGE for the Beavers. Regardless, I'd rather just go ahead and beat the crap out of Scott this weekend to secure the #1 overall seed... wink.gif

I want to beat the crap out of Scott also. I just hope people arent going to overlook that we beat them last year to screw up their undefeated season going into the playoffs. I believe they will still be fired up about that and play with everything they got to beat us. Should be a very good game. And a big win would definitely secure homefield during the playoffs, which ive heard we already have no matter friday nights outcome.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

what a matchup it would be to see Bluefield Wyoming East second round...

[ QUOTE ]

I dont know about you but i would love to play tolsia during the playoffs in bluefield and beat the crap out of them on a perfect field.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah.... ive got my fingers crossed for tolsia,

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

What does wyoming east have? I know they lost to JM. But have they played anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

WYOMING EAST

Senior Football Schedule

11 Events

1 08/24/07 H SHERMAN 29 - 18 W

2 08/31/07 A SCOTT 27 - 36 L

3 09/07/07 A IAEGER 49 - 26 W

4 09/14/07 A SUMMERS CO. 36 - 27 W

5 09/21/07 H WEBSTER CO. 54 - 15 W

6 09/28/07 A JAMES MONROE 25 - 42 L

7 10/05/07 H OPEN -

8 10/12/07 H WESTSIDE -

9 10/19/07 A MAN -

10 10/26/07 A INDEPENDENCE -

11 11/02/07 H LIBERTY R

im pretty sure they won the last three as well... they dont play any top tiered teams except for scott...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Not to be biased but i dont really think there is anyone in the state that can beat bluefield this year

[/ QUOTE ]

on any given day... who knows. Bluefield and wayne are in the drivers seats right now...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Not to be biased but i dont really think there is anyone in the state that can beat bluefield this year

[/ QUOTE ]

on any given day... who knows. Bluefield and wayne are in the drivers seats right now...

[/ QUOTE ]

That point takes me back to 2004, when it was Wayne, Bluefield and Weir in the driver's seat. I think the teams now are Bluefield, Wayne and James Monroe (only if they can present some passing game) that are picked to go all the way. Should make a great November!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They'll have to play better than they did against James Monroe. And we'll have to play better too against Greenbrier East, if we don't we'll enter the playoffs on a 2 game losing streak.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They'll have to play better than they did against James Monroe. And we'll have to play better too against Greenbrier East, if we don't we'll enter the playoffs on a 2 game losing streak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who will have to play better? Bluefield? I know that we played bad, but James Monroe has many more atheletes that the Scott team. They have that one RB and that is it. With all do respect to them, I think that if we stop him, then we have the game. I offense has to step it up though. The last two games have been really bad. Some of that was due to good defenses but most is a result of bad execution.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

last time i checked bluefield got the W after the James Monroe game. They played well enough for the W, and thats all that matters.

[ QUOTE ]

last time i checked bluefield got the W after the James Monroe game. They played well enough for the W, and thats all that matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Whether it's beautiful or ugly, the win is the only thing that matters.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. Looking at your numbers shouldnt Bluefield's say clinched 3 home games. The link you gave us only says two.

[/ QUOTE ]

its rather confusing why the other site says bluefield on,y has 2 home games locked. Pioneer PA is correct though, i did my best to check his numbers and i can not see scott or JM jumping us... it mathmatically impossible i believe...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. Looking at your numbers shouldnt Bluefield's say clinched 3 home games. The link you gave us only says two.

[/ QUOTE ]

i will break it down for you using my math...

Bluefield has a rating of 13.125 after 8 games. this leads to 105 points total on the season.

If Bluefield loses to scott, then they would only gain one point because of the Oak Hill-Mount view game giving them a gauranteed point since they both were defeated by bluefield. This makes Bluefields minimum a 11.77.

James monroe is currently at 10.88 after 9 games, which leads to 98 points total. If they beat Greenbrier east, they would get 15 points (12+3 bonus points). that would bring their total to 113.

Then Oak Hill plays Mount View, Liberty plays Wyom. East. This gives them 2 guaranteed points. bringing their total now to 115.

Narrows, PikeView, Scott all can win giving them 3 more points. Shady is open. This gives them a maximum of 118 points.

118/10 is equal to 11.8.

This would make it seem that James Monroe could pass Bluefield, but not so fast my friend. A JM win would give the beavers another bonus point bringing their total to 107.

107/9=11.88.

This ensures the beaver homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.

As for scott... they have 92 points after 9 games, and after beating bluefield and every team they have beaten wins(if that is even possible) they would have 117 points and a 11.7 rating, still short of the beavers.

It doesn't matter if you finish 1 or 2. You still would have homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. You should beat Scott anyways. The roberts kid is great he just doesn't have any help!