OLD TIMERS FUND RAISER

Rebs

LOOKING FOR ANY INTERESTED OLD TIMERS FOOTBALL PLAYERS AND/OR COACHES THAT WOULD BE INTERESTED IN DOING A FULL CONTACT, FULL PAD FUND RAISER. OPEN TO ANYONE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER THAT HAS GRADUATED FROM A BUCHANAN COUNTY SCHOOL. IF ENOUGH INDIVIDUALS ARE INTERESTED WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THREE (3) GAMES. ONE (1) GAME TO BE PLAYED AT NELSON MEMORIAL, ONE (1) GAME TO BE PLAYED AT THE CLIFF, AND ONE GAME TO BE PLAYED AT TWIN VALLEY. IF WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH INTERESTED, THEN WE CAN DIVIDE THE ONES WE HAVE AND PLAY ONE GAME. TICKETS WILL BE $5.00 ANYONE 10 OR OLDER. 10 AND UNDER ARE FREE. INSURANCE WAIVERS MUST BE SIGNED BY ALL PARTICIPANTS. ALL PROCEEDS WILL BE SPLIT WITH THE COUNTY FOOTBALL PROGRAMS. JUST TRYING TO TOUCH BASE TO SEE WHAT KIND OF INTEREST WE HAVE IN PURSUING THIS FURTHER.

[ QUOTE ]

I would like to have one more shot at Harold Horne. And would love to catch Joey Blankenship comming across the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hurley doesn't have eleven former players that graduated High School.

not to be mean Reb but i doubt you are going to get enough, (if any) people to play full contact football and sign waivers saying they wont sue when they break their legs, arms, have heart attacks, strokes, tear hamstrings, muscles etc etc. Id guess the target population you are looking at have jobs and families that they wouldnt risk putting on the streets due to a serious job ending injury in a game that means nothing. Might be best to re-think the full contact and pads issue and maybe the entire 'game' idea...good luck

So I take it you're not interested... 'Not to be mean' but I guess we'll just have to wait and see... Just for your information, I already have 25 signees without advertising in the local newspaper or radio. Lets say that number increases to atleast 50, only 22 can play at one time, hence more substitution, less reps, less chance of getting hurt. Hell I could walk out on my front porch and sprain my ankle, does that mean I shouldn't walk out on the porch? I guess we could all just sit around, watch tv, eat pizza and drink beer and growl about not having enough money to send kids to camp. The funny thing is, obviously you're not willing to participate, but I guarantee you, if you are still in this area, you will buy a ticket (which is the whole intention of the fund raiser). You know, if you're in your mid 20's to early 30's and you're so out of shape that you can't push yourself for 3 plays with a 30 second break in between then yeah, you shouldn't participate. If you're in your early 20's then hell you have nothing to worry about. I really hate that for you by the way. Just for your information other schools outside of Buchanan County participate in similar fund raisers. On another note, even if a waiver wasn't signed, why would you even consider a lawsuit? You play at your own risk. I could go to the skate rink this weekend and break my leg, should I sue them because I wasn't a good enough skater? Just a thought... Not to be mean, but if you're not going to support the damn thing keep your opinion to yourself. The subject of the original post wasn't asking for opinions it was asking for interested individuals willing to help their local football programs.

[ QUOTE ]

So I take it you're not interested... 'Not to be mean' but I guess we'll just have to wait and see... Just for your information, I already have 25 signees without advertising in the local newspaper or radio. Lets say that number increases to atleast 50, only 22 can play at one time, hence more substitution, less reps, less chance of getting hurt. Hell I could walk out on my front porch and sprain my ankle, does that mean I shouldn't walk out on the porch? I guess we could all just sit around, watch tv, eat pizza and drink beer and growl about not having enough money to send kids to camp. The funny thing is, obviously you're not willing to participate, but I guarantee you, if you are still in this area, you will buy a ticket (which is the whole intention of the fund raiser). You know, if you're in your mid 20's to early 30's and you're so out of shape that you can't push yourself for 3 plays with a 30 second break in between then yeah, you shouldn't participate. If you're in your early 20's then hell you have nothing to worry about. I really hate that for you by the way. Just for your information other schools outside of Buchanan County participate in similar fund raisers. On another note, even if a waiver wasn't signed, why would you even consider a lawsuit? You play at your own risk. I could go to the skate rink this weekend and break my leg, should I sue them because I wasn't a good enough skater? Just a thought... Not to be mean, but if you're not going to support the damn thing keep your opinion to yourself. The subject of the original post wasn't asking for opinions it was asking for interested individuals willing to help their local football programs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am stoked now; sign me up! One question though..........does this mean I can't eat pizza and drink beer any more? Fatboy needs a size 54 XXX Petite jersey though!

I wiil play on Fatbacks team, because I know he eats brown beans for pre game and talking about blowing a hole wide open. once he cut the cheese thre would be nobody in front to tackle you. I will rush for 200 yards that night. Just keep eaten beans fatback

ease up Rebs, no need to get your panties soiled! so you have 25 signees?? good for you, see how many show up to play! lol, i dont blame you for trying to raise money for local teams but a full on contact game when people have jobs and families to lookout for isnt very smart. I even know some guys that wouldnt play semi ball for that reason, but i guess YOU could talk em out!...riiiiiiiiiiight

[ QUOTE ]

ease up Rebs, no need to get your panties soiled! so you have 25 signees?? good for you, see how many show up to play! lol, i dont blame you for trying to raise money for local teams but a full on contact game when people have jobs and families to lookout for isnt very smart. I even know some guys that wouldnt play semi ball for that reason, but i guess YOU could talk em out!...riiiiiiiiiiight

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't matter no how! Once me and Corny get the Pinto Bean Express hooked up, the whole 1986 Region D Champ Rebel team won't bring Corny down. I am a bit fearful that one of them

Rebel players will bring a Dale Earnhardt cigar lighter out on the field though and try to send me and Corny to outerspace like them Homer Simpson Big Creek boys.

You made an idiotic statement, I responded, and you told me not to get my panties soiled...and insulted my intelligence. Just let me say, KUDOS to you MORON. Again, like I said before, if you don't want to play, not interested, don't bother, stay at the house. I wouldn't want you to break your neck or anything. I guess I should make everyone interested sign a contract and have the contract approved by the school attorney and force them to play? Just stay at the house, eat your cheeseburgers and SHUT UP!!!!! Be careful at the Skate Rink this weekend, wouldn't want you to SUE anybody...

Guest BB_TWEEDER

I will play! Get me signed up! But only if I get my ole number 2 jersey back to wear lol. Nah I dont mind what number I get, but want to play!

well, if you get this up and running and actually get enough people to play, ill show up and put on some pads, lol i miss football and would love to play a little bit again, need to bring the while 2002 regional championship grundy team to play. would be fun.