c-burg

gtownboy

who agrees  

1. 1. who agrees

Christiansburg is not in trouble They are a weaker team this year not only because the squiers transferred again, but because Dresser is not there to recruit, and Webber is not the same kind of coach as Dresser. Christiansburg is tough, they have a couple of returning state champions, and state place winners. But Grundy also has five returning place winners. From Christiansburg Clement,Rakes,maybe the 103 from last year, or Webber may win, so 2-4 state champs. Grundy has Smith who is the top returning placer at 145, Mccowan who if he gets back to 152 should be the favorite. Who knows vandyke 103 could come in a win, Hurley nationally ranked freshman, Ethan Owens honorable mention national ranked sophmore along with Jon Dotson. I am not saying Grundy will win the state title. I am saying Christiansburg is not the 2005-2007 Christiansburg teams. How many guys on their state title teams were born, raised, and wrestled at Christiansburg the entire time they wrestled? Grundy has zero transferres for zero reasons, not for jobs, or coaches or any other reason. Grundy has kids who were born, raised and wrestled their entire career at Grundy. Thats the way it was, is , and will be. Like I said I am not saying Grundy will win the state title, all I am saying is this is the team that could win the state title this year. This is the first team in years to have #1 ranked wrestlers, nationally ranked wrestlers, and an opportunity to be a nationally ranked team. Christiansburg is not going to just quit, and let us win the state title. But this is the year Grundy has the opportunity to take it. And I believe this year Grundy has the best chance in years to be State Champions.

Losing that one kid is going to hurt c-burg but you still have to remember the grundy is young it looks like they will defently have 2 starters that are freshman in sean vandyke and hurley, cody rife and tanner (also freshman) could end up making A team as well. Their leader on the the team looks like senior Josh M. who has the best chance to be a state champion on the team, also Ethan O. should be a front runner for state as well.

Vandyke is a freshman but has wrestled all over the east coast, he is very tough, he works out with Grundy state champ Timmy Belcher. Jeremy Hurley is a 2xMS-State Champ,Nat.Champ,and Nationaly ranked Freshman.Ethan Owens is tough as hell. He was a match away from placing at Cadets, and will be in the hunt for a title this year. Derek Anderson returns, and is tough but after a year off it will be tough for him to do more than place. Jon Dotson should be good again and I look for him to place. Brandon Hankins comes back ready to wrestle and should be in the top 5 maybe. Smith returns healthy back to 145 where is the early favorite, he has a good shot at getting a title this year. Mccowan another senior who should be a favorite for a title. Demarco Owens will place again this year. Josh Lee is good and should place high this year. Grundy will be tough with that many placers and opportunities to have champs.

• 2 weeks later...

Grundy did scrimmage Christiansburg a couple of weekends ago. It went well for both teams. From what I heard, it was almost dead even. They matched up very well, and when they dual heads up it will be close. I hope so, it should be great wrestling at that dual meet, and at the state tournament.

i'm also looking foward to this years revamped swd. glad to see the wave on the way back to the top. sounds like richlands and tazewell have some good wrestlers this year too. both programs working towards a healthy middleschool and youth program. should be some good matches all over swd. good luck to all teams