ACC Basketball Kicks Off Tonight

Deleted Account

Well, it looks like that time of the year again. The first games for many ACC teams start tonight. Already there's been an upset: Georgia Tech lost 83-74 to mighty North Carolina-Greensboro. This leads to my mounting suspicion that Paul Hewitt's coaching ability is a lot of fluff and no substance. Also of note, Virginia Tech beats Elon 69-64. Yes, that's just 5 points. As I've said before, it's going to be a long, long winter in Blacksburg.

Winners tonight:

Duke

Miami

Florida State

Wake Forest

Virginia Tech

[ QUOTE ]

Also of note, Virginia Tech beats Elon 69-64. Yes, that's just 5 points. As I've said before, it's going to be a long, long winter in Blacksburg.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehh, there was a lot of experimenting with different line ups and such, as well as many adjustments by our freshmen. Don't count us out just yet. You may be surprised.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Also of note, Virginia Tech beats Elon 69-64. Yes, that's just 5 points. As I've said before, it's going to be a long, long winter in Blacksburg.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehh, there was a lot of experimenting with different line ups and such, as well as many adjustments by our freshmen. Don't count us out just yet. You may be surprised.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be surprised...if Virginia Tech finishes anything above 11th in the ACC. Only Miami and Wake Forest combined will prevent this from happening. With Tech's young, inexperienced roster and the general lack of skill/depth in the upperclassmen, there is no amount of lineup shuffling that will help them. Having a .500 record would be fantastic for this crew this year, and I don't even see that happening.

[/ QUOTE ] I will be surprised...if Virginia Tech finishes anything above 11th in the ACC.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know about that, tech will be one of those teams that can win in any acc game or lose any acc game i thinking nit for the hokies this year

For the 2005-2006 season, Wake Forest finished 11th in the conference, even going 3-13 in-conference, and still managed to make the NIT, so it's possible. However, I look at the schedule, and I honestly wonder where the wins are going to come from. I think the picture will become clearer as the teams go forward, but if there are many more performances like against Elon, the season will turn sour by January.