Bluefield Special Teams

Bogeavers

Is it me or has the only true weakness of the Beavers the last two weeks been the special teams. In the Roane County game, we had one PAT blocked and then in the Chapmansville game, they were able to block on PAT, field goal, and a punt which they recovered for a TD. In these games, these mistakes haven't cost us, but starting this week we can't leave any points on the field. I hope the coaches fix this problem during this week and have it all in ship-shape for the remainder of this season.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the holder on FG and extra points have been different since the first PAT of the Roane County game. McClanahan was the holder throughout the season, but the cast on his arm Coppola has taken over the past two weeks.

I'm not sure, but I know it affects Eric Mac's ability to put down snaps. I'm sure an adjustment here and there will be made. Those missed extra points are deadly, just see the 2003 state title game versus Poca and the Oak Hill game during the regular season that same year.

Yep. I was hoping they would fix it after the one in the Roane County game, but obviously they didn't. Hopefully we can score enough to not have to worry about those single points, but I think one of these, or both of these last two games will be close.

beaver's seniors either have 3 more days of high school football, or 10.

not foreshadowing or anything, but i can promise you if ANYBODY doesn't do their job, they'll make sure somebody is put in there that does. and that's exactly what's going on at practice...more reps at more positions for more players.

and the same goes for special teams. look for them to be much better this friday.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure, but I know it affects Eric Mac's ability to put down snaps. I'm sure an adjustment here and there will be made. Those missed extra points are deadly, just see the 2003 state title game versus Poca and the Oak Hill game during the regular season that same year.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea that was my senior year, we lost 2 games by 2 total points