Virginia Tech vs WVU in Orange Bowl?

wvuraiders

How would that matchup be possible? I thought you have the ACC conference champion vs. an at-large bid. WVU was a conference champ and therefore cannot play in the orange, right?

The Big East champion is not tied in to any bowl. The Orange Bowl gets the first at large selection so it is possible that it will take WVU.

[ QUOTE ]

And, barring an incredible suprise, this is exactly what will happen.

West Virginia-Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl. Book it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, secret word I hear is VT-Kansas in the Orange, and WVU-Oklahoma in the Fiesta

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

And, barring an incredible suprise, this is exactly what will happen.

West Virginia-Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl. Book it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, secret word I hear is VT-Kansas in the Orange, and WVU-Oklahoma in the Fiesta

[/ QUOTE ]

Confimed.

[ QUOTE ]

I'd prefer for Tech to play Oklahoma first and foremost, then WVU, and lastly Kansas. I don't believe that Tech would gain much from defeating a Kansas program that just burst onto the football scene.

[/ QUOTE ] VT had better not overlook Kansas...they might have played a weak schedule, but they are dangerous.

[ QUOTE ]

I have to agree...I think Virginia Tech will win BIG...yes Kansas is good..but like stated in a previous post they just now came onto the scene..

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, all we can do is win the game we're given. That is the key...to win our game, and win big, and let time and reputation work for us over time. We want to be in the position to get the extra #1 votes from voters due to our reputation.

Griping about the games we don't get doesn't help. Take care of business, let the chips fall where they may.

[ QUOTE ]

I think Virginia Tech will win, yes, but it won't be "BIG". Frankly, I think the score will closely mirror the Virginia Tech-Virginia game, something in the neighborhood of 34-21. I'd give more analysis now, but I'm swamped.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that prediction.