WVU currently blowing Auburn out by 40 in Alabama

wvuraiders

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

And most teams are anywhere from 6-9 games into their seasons. Conference play hasn't even started yet. It's far too early in the season to debate which conference is stronger. Heck, the projected ACC bottom-feeder is 9-0 right now. Let's give it some time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will agree with that. I will also say that over the last two years that SEC has been the strongest. Don't believe me? What conference does Florida play in? Big East and ACC can put 7 teams in the tourney, but if none of them make it into the final game, then they have no argument that they play in the best conference for that year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Florida WAS about the only good team in the SEC...FSU has already beaten them this season...LSU and UT were OK...UK, not your typical UK team...ALA, don't think so...ARK, nope...MSU, nada...SC, please...GA, forgetaboutit...do I even need to mention AU, Ole Miss, or Vandy???

SEC is/was EXTREMELY top heavy...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

And most teams are anywhere from 6-9 games into their seasons. Conference play hasn't even started yet. It's far too early in the season to debate which conference is stronger. Heck, the projected ACC bottom-feeder is 9-0 right now. Let's give it some time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will agree with that. I will also say that over the last two years that SEC has been the strongest. Don't believe me? What conference does Florida play in? Big East and ACC can put 7 teams in the tourney, but if none of them make it into the final game, then they have no argument that they play in the best conference for that year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Florida WAS about the only good team in the SEC...FSU has already beaten them this season...LSU and UT were OK...UK, not your typical UK team...ALA, don't think so...ARK, nope...MSU, nada...SC, please...GA, forgetaboutit...do I even need to mention AU, Ole Miss, or Vandy???

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they had to get battle tested somehow or else they never would have gotten to the championship in the first place. Most teams get battle tested in their conference schedule. Look at Memphis, talk about a joke of a conference, but they hover around #5 every year and how many final fours or championship games have they been to since Calipari took over?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I'll even take it a step farther, and say that it was top-heavy just in the SEC East. Florida, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky: all in the East. The best team in the SEC West was Mississippi, at 20-12 (8-8). They missed the NCAAs.

The SEC has made strides in basketball, but is nowhere near on par with the ACC/Big East.

so if the SEC is no longer the big conference....who is...the Big East?? Big 12?? because in basketball THIS year...both the Big East and the Big 12 have very good teams....Georgetown is in the top 5 and then Kansas and Texas are both in the top 5...Texas beat then ranked number 2 UCLA at UCLA and proved themselves to the college basketball fans there....these three teams big tests will be how they play in conference...i know Texas has Kansas at Texas and then they play at Texas A&M on the road and at home....so we will see just how strong this young Texas team is then...Kansas not sure on their schedule but i would say they have a very good schedule like always...and Georgetown has Louisville and WVU who can both give them very good games...so my final four is....Georgetown...Texas...UNC...Kansas

[ QUOTE ]

so if the SEC is no longer the big conference....who is...the Big East?? Big 12?? because in basketball THIS year...both the Big East and the Big 12 have very good teams....Georgetown is in the top 5 and then Kansas and Texas are both in the top 5...Texas beat then ranked number 2 UCLA at UCLA and proved themselves to the college basketball fans there....these three teams big tests will be how they play in conference...i know Texas has Kansas at Texas and then they play at Texas A&M on the road and at home....so we will see just how strong this young Texas team is then...Kansas not sure on their schedule but i would say they have a very good schedule like always...and Georgetown has Louisville and WVU who can both give them very good games...so my final four is....Georgetown...Texas...UNC...Kansas

[/ QUOTE ]

SEC has NEVER been THE conference in basketball...it has always been a top heavy conference with either Kentucky (most of the time) or another school, like Florida the last couple of years, being THE team to beat.

yeah the SEC really has never ever been the strong conference. It's always been one or two teams that you need to worry about and then the rest you can sweep under the rug.

The BIg 12 is strong this year. As for that victory over UCLA, let me remind you that UCLA is playing without one of the best players in the country. Texas played them very well, but for UCLA to be leaning on a freshman without the support of Collison, it's tough. I think when Collison comes back, UCLA will be the team to beat.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

UNC is the team to beat, without question. they have been plaing injured as well, with the most valuable player they have on the bench for a few games. Ty Lawson makes their offense go under Roy WIlliams system, and for them to beat a top 25 team without him proves they are the team to beat. They have the best starting 5 in all of the country, without question. Not to mention they are deep, with 9 players who average over 10 minutes a game. Wayne "the rain" ellignton is averaging 17 points a game, and with that is almost 50% from behind the line. Tyler Hansborough is averaging a double double and proving that he is the best big man in college basketball once again. Ty lawson is hampered by an ankle injury but yet is still the fastest man in the NCAA's with a basketball. Danny Green has been a pleasant surprise, averaging 14 points a game, to go along with 4.4 rebounds. Then you have the other frontcourt duo in Deon Thompson and Alex Stephenson, who both complement each others game very well. Mark my words, deon will have a HUGE game soon. also on the bench you have Ginyard, Thomas, Frasor, who have all started at one point for the Tar Heels. They have arguably the most experienced bench. And the one other man on that bench, Roy williams, is the best coach in the country, surmounting 500 wins faster than any other coach in history.

the Tar Heels are the team to beat. period.