WVU currently blowing Auburn out by 40 in Alabama

wvuraiders

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mountaineers can rebound!!!!!!!!! Wow. I love this new Huggy team. They have a better inside-outside team and with Ruoff and Alexander shooting like that...i serioulsy doubt they will be finishing in the 10 spot in the Big East. I hope they can continue to have success and maybe break into the top 25 here pretty soon.

Beating Auburn in basketball is not like beating Auburn in football...they are the worst team in the SEC in basketball. They haven't had a good team since Charles Barkley played for them.

Over the last five years they've gone 79-74 (28-52 in SEC play) and only beat Bluefield College 89-75 in an exhibition game earlier this season...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Beating Auburn in basketball is not like beating Auburn in football...they are the worst team in the SEC in basketball. They haven't had a good team since Charles Barkley played for them.

Over the last five years they've gone 79-74 (28-52 in SEC play) and only beat Bluefield College 89-75 in an exhibition game earlier this season...

[/ QUOTE ]

way to burst their bubble Gman! lol

WVU is improved, but when they hit the Conference schedule, game over.

i agree. Auburn is horrible in basketball and in no way is it like the accomplishment of beating them in football. When WVU goes up against the Big East, they will get shown up. Not having a true post player will hurt them this year..especially against Georgetown.

[ QUOTE ]

i agree. Auburn is horrible in basketball and in no way is it like the accomplishment of beating them in football. When WVU goes up against the Big East, they will get shown up. Not having a true post player will hurt them this year..especially against Georgetown.

[/ QUOTE ]

WVU has never had a real post man in the lineup, but they have had success in not only the Big East but have made the dance several times and gotten to the Elite Eight and Sweet Sixteen. I just hope their youthfulness doesn't catch up with them. If Alexander and Ruoff shoot like that...Big East watch out.

I predict WVU will live by the three or die by the three this season just like the past two or three years. If they are shooting well from outside, look out opposition, but if they aren't shooting well from outside, it’s game over 'eers. It will take "Huggybear" another year of recruiting before you’ll see a drastic change in their offense me thinks.

you obviously did not watch the game yes they shot some threes why not you have very good shooters...however offense is not based souly on three point shot... they are more physical alexander gained 40 pounds is huggies weight room.... defense is 400 times better as well....wvu is not a great team, but a team that once again has a chance to make some noise in one of the tourney's at the end of the year.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

you obviously did not watch the game yes they shot some threes why not you have very good shooters...however offense is not based souly on three point shot... they are more physical alexander gained 40 pounds is huggies weight room.... defense is 400 times better as well....wvu is not a great team, but a team that once again has a chance to make some noise in one of the tourney's at the end of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

40 pounds? he may have gained some weight but he must have been a skeleton last year. considering the season was over in april that leaves him roughly around 6 months before basketball begins, and that means he is gaining a pound a week. and considering that pound is probably or should be muscle, i can not believe it.

he gained 30. and yeah, WVU has had success in the past without a prominant big man but this year they really do have NO big man. Their success was with Pittsnogle...or however you spell that crazy name. He was a sad excuse for a big man, but at least he sorta resembled one. This year WVU has no one. I look for Georgetown to blow them out and for Hibbert to get at least 35 and 15

its better than being a golden wave...which is something that doesnt even exist. And at least we win stuff..unlike your school. So I guess we can have the "gay mascot" cause that doesnt really matter when you win.

let me remind you that the "gay" mascot we have beat your school by I believe 50 last year..so I wouldnt be making fun.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct in I did not watch the game. Had no desire to watch them against a bottom feeder of the SEC this year or watch them at all for that matter. While I have watched them a few times over the last few seasons, when they lost, they would jack on average 30 threes a game if not more and only hit on average 5-7 of them. Most of the time when they won, they were hitting on average 18-20 a game. That says to me they will live or die by the three. Huggins has not had the chance to get the guys he wants into WVU yet. He has to use what he inherited which are perimeter players that shoot a lot of threes and not physical interior big men.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct in I did not watch the game. Had no desire to watch them against a bottom feeder of the SEC this year or watch them at all for that matter. While I have watched them a few times over the last few seasons, when they lost, they would jack on average 30 threes a game if not more and only hit on average 5-7 of them. Most of the time when they won, they were hitting on average 18-20 a game. That says to me they will live or die by the three. Huggins has not had the chance to get the guys he wants into WVU yet. He has to use what he inherited which are perimeter players that shoot a lot of threes and not physical interior big men.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes exactly. Huggins has 3 of the top 100 recruits coming to WVU next year. They are his type of players and not the Belein offense of "get it to some guy and let him shoot." I believe next year you will see a completely different offense from WVU.

[ QUOTE ]

its better than being a golden wave...which is something that doesnt even exist. And at least we win stuff..unlike your school. So I guess we can have the "gay mascot" cause that doesnt really matter when you win.

let me remind you that the "gay" mascot we have beat your school by I believe 50 last year..so I wouldnt be making fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

A Golden Wave appears when the sun is setting on the ocean if you need proof i can show you, secondly you must not know anything about sports if you say that Grundy dosent win anything..16 State Championships in Wrestling Boss.....oh and congratulations on your victory over a school that is down, you guys are amazing=)

ok wrestling. congrats on your one sport of glory. im talking about a true tradition of winning in every sport. get it right homeboy.

as far as the sun rising and setting over an ocean, thats a reflection, and you arent seeing waves forming that far out as on the horizon when standing on the shore.

and yeah, Bluefield is a boss. I dont care how 'down' you are..you shouldnt lose by 50 and still have a hard time scoring when our JV and freshmen are in. thats just pathetic. We'd kill you guys in basketball too, and Im guessing just by all the grundy comments made on this site, you arent 'down' in that sport.