Former Bluefield player and coach passes........

Sources

Bluefield High School graduate and former Bluefield coach Joe Street passed away this past weekend from an apparent heart attack. He was my track and lineman coach my senior year at Bluefield. I just wanted to ask everyone to pray for him and his family, especially his two sons.

His two sons played football with my two sons for the Ceres Minutemen,in fact it was my son who was good friends with Joe Jr. that told me about it on Monday.I talked to Joe at the Chapmanville game and he said that he was coaching at Logan.

My family and I would like to send our condolences and prayers to the Street family.

I have known Joe for years and was shocked to hear this news yesterday. He was only 37 and it is times like this that should remind us that we are not promised tomorrow and to cherish each moment we have. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. He will be missed.

i had a mild heart attack at age 31 during a pick up basketball game..scary feeling and sad deal for his family, especially around the holidays, thats just going to make the grief worse for years to come..

I played with Joe Street in 86 and 87 my junior and senior years, his sophomore and junior years. He was passionate as a competitor on the field and in life. I have so many fond memories with him on the field and we were close friends off the field too. He is like a brother to me as most of my teammates are. Those of you who have laid your heart on the field of play know that feeling with your team mates. Though our paths led us to different destinies, and we didnt see each other as often as I would have liked, we always greeted with an embrace. I last saw Joe at the Chapmanville and Scott games with his youngest son Bryden and we spent time together after the Chapmanville game at the school when he and his son came up and watched the game film and ate with us. Im so glad I got to spend that time with him.

Joe touched so many lives. At the services today, a bus came down from Logan with the Middle School team and there were many there from the Minutemen program, where he coached for some time and where I played little league ball. There was such an outpouring of support for his family.

Joe will be missed by so many. Keep on blitzin brother... #50 will live in my heart forever...