WV AA All-State (updated with complete list)

Sources

I agree.. the coaches and sports writers make those decisions but I believe the system is in need of a change. There are a number of young men who get bumped off of the charts for a number of reasons, some of which are not good reasons at all. A couple of years ago I felt that there were a lot of kids from Bluefield and other area schools who didnt make it on the "All State List". As for Aaron Bowes.... He is one heckuva athlete and individual, if they gave an award for heart and hustle he would have surely won it hands down. I believe that he may have been looked over because 1. He was not the biggest person on the field. 2. he was such a factor early on in the season that the last half of the season people were double teaming him etc.(He still raised 4***), and 3. These so-called sports professionals may not be as smart as they are given credit for being. Bowes if you are out there listen to an old buddy and keep that head up. Trust me when I tell you that , their material award or achievement will never take the place of the love, loyalty , and trust that you help to instill in the hearts and minds of the Bluefield Beaver Faithful. Your efforts will forever be remembered, appreciated and applauded.