I bleed blue and gold but.....

the_truth

I saw somewhere online that if the price is right then Saban would seriously consider going to WVU. I don't remember the price or the source but I read it.

Also, I saw that Alabama has no buyout on Saban's contract because of his already substantial salary. Not too sure of the credibility of the couple of things I just stated, but most everything at this stage of the game is hearsay.

WVU can't afford Saban...he's already making $3 million/year plus, from what I understand, he has a huge buyout clause which I don't think either he or WVU would want to pay...unless 'Bama is ready to let him go...

Saban's contract at 'Bama is $32 million over 8 years not including bonuses and incentives. That's more money than the entire value of WVU's athletic deptartment.

WVU needs to hire some bright, innovative young coach and just let the guy teach himself.

[ QUOTE ]

Yet, they cannot get in a BCS bowl game... looks like WVU does not have much overhead... Them mounties are pretty smart huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Alabama cannot garner a BSC game because of LSU and Auburn. My comment wasn't a shot at the mounties, but a comment on how 'Bama is paying throught the nose for years of arrogance. The thread had turned into "Saban to WVU" talk and that's what I commented on.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Yet, they cannot get in a BCS bowl game... looks like WVU does not have much overhead... Them mounties are pretty smart huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Alabama cannot garner a BSC game because of LSU and Auburn. My comment wasn't a shot at the mounties, but a comment on how 'Bama is paying throught the nose for years of arrogance. The thread had turned into "Saban to WVU" talk and that's what I commented on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe it's Alabama's 6-6 (4-4) mark keeping them from a BCS game. Maybe it's the fact that Alabama lost all that pent-up prestige from the 70s. Trust me, there's more than just LSU and Auburn keeping the Tide back. Saban will probably succeed. That is, if the deluded folks in Tuscaloosa give him the chance...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe it's Alabama's 6-6 (4-4) mark keeping them from a BCS game. Maybe it's the fact that Alabama lost all that pent-up prestige from the 70s. Trust me, there's more than just LSU and Auburn keeping the Tide back. Saban will probably succeed. That is, if the deluded folks in Tuscaloosa give him the chance...

[/ QUOTE ]

This just in...Paul "Bear" Bryant is still dead...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This just in...Paul "Bear" Bryant is still dead...

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Terry Bowden was too, since nobody's heard from him in 8 years!! I seriously hope they don't consider Bowden for the job. Big Dog Sports Talk mentioned that Bud Foster may be interested in the job.