Butch Jones to Have 2nd Interview with WVU

blueinbama

Coach Butch Jones is interviewing for the 2nd time with WVU for the head football coaching job today. This guy is a very good coach, and if I had to choose between Terry Bowden, who hasn't coached in years and walked out on Auburn in the middle of the season, and Coach Jones, it would be a no-brainer...Butch Jones hands down.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3169208

Guest BEAVERTAIL

He is a no brainer against any other candidate WVU is currently looking at, maybe even Bud Foster.

So what if WVU fans dont like him because he does not have a big name or coaches in the MAC... hire him if your smart WVU.

Ive been reading bluegoldnews.com like its going out of style and to be honest Butch Jones was my first choice but most fans like Mike Locksley, Terry Bowden, Peterson from Boise or Doc Holiday with most pulling for Locksley but Butch is not one our their favorites

Guest JJBrickface

As a WVU fan I dont know who I want as a coach. I'll support whoever it is.

[ QUOTE ]

Butch or Terry.... Nobody else is worthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i like them both and Bobby has offered to come help recruit after he leaves FSU and if he still has it then that sure could help . . . if they give Terry the job that is

Let's see here:

One coach left his team midseason without warning, with his team at 1-5 and desperately looking for any kind of leadership. The team eventually finished last in the SEC West. One quits when the going gets tough.

One coach has exactly one season of head coaching experience under his belt, during which he won the conference championship of by far the weakest I-A conference, went just 8-6 and couldn't even beat one of the other two directional Michigan schools, had 70 hung on them by the fourth-ranked team in the ACC, lost 44-14 to a I-AA school, and lost 4 of 6 games by 23 points or more. The other hasn't had his coaching training wheels taken off yet.

Boy, both of them are clearly superior to the other candidates in the field. frown.gif

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Let's see here:

One coach left his team midseason without warning, with his team at 1-5 and desperately looking for any kind of leadership. The team eventually finished last in the SEC West. One quits when the going gets tough.

One coach has exactly one season of head coaching experience under his belt, during which he won the conference championship of by far the weakest I-A conference, went just 8-6 and couldn't even beat one of the other two directional Michigan schools, had 70 hung on them by the fourth-ranked team in the ACC, lost 44-14 to a I-AA school, and lost 4 of 6 games by 23 points or more. The other hasn't had his coaching training wheels taken off yet.

Boy, both of them are clearly superior to the other candidates in the field. frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There was more to it than him just up and leaving. There was a whole deal about a booster, I cant really remember his name but apparently he was big trouble.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Let's see here:

[/ QUOTE ]

There was more to it than him just up and leaving. There was a whole deal about a booster, I cant really remember his name but apparently he was big trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're talking about Terry Bowden, he was told he would be fired at the end of the season, and he chose to pack his bags mid-season and walk out on his players. Pretty selfish don't you think?

Just thought it was funny dude. He doesn't have a health problem, he just eats too much and drinks like a fish. Great example to all the college athletes out there. Just the kinda guy I would love to coach my football team! If that's what WVU wants, hey, go for it. I still think it's funny seeing him standing there looking like the Pillsbury Dough Boy.

[ QUOTE ]

Well what in the hell is that on the side of Frank Beamers face? That isnt a good exampe either...

Lord I apologize, be with the starving pigmies in New Guinea.

[/ QUOTE ] Wow...I'm glad I didn't say that.

[ QUOTE ]

Well what in the hell is that on the side of Frank Beamers face?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a scare from where he was burned as a child...there's a lot of difference between surviving a life threatening event and being a fat, drunk...

[ QUOTE ]

Here's another one for ya Bogeavers...Terry drunk as a skunk with unknown woman (not his wife). CLASSY!

bowdendrunk-thumb.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

What is wrong with having some beers and hanging out with a woman. That picture means nothing. Is it illegal for a guy to hang out with other women when he is married?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Here's another one for ya Bogeavers...Terry drunk as a skunk with unknown woman (not his wife). CLASSY!

bowdendrunk-thumb.jpg

[/ QUOTE ] LOL! Nope not illegal, just classless...and you've got to be kidding...a couple of beers? Look at his face, he's practically in a coma! If you are a leader of young men, you have a responsibility to set a good example...by your behaviour and your appearance in public. I guess you and I have different views on what a coach of young men should be. I had rather my choice be a sober leader of men who takes care of himself, his family, and his team. Terry Bowden has failed in all of these catagories.

]