After hearing owen Schmitt after the game I....

wvuraiders

I honestly felt like crying when I saw Schmitt tear up. He hs been my favorite player since he got to WVU and it is hard to see him go, but what a way to do it.

I don't see any reason why Bill Stewart will not be head coach next year.

Go EERS!!!!

As a Virginia Tech fan, I can honestly say that I am proud to be from West Virginia tonight too. Even though I despise them as a team and thought they were in over their heads with Oklahoma, they showed great heart and determination tonight and I am glad that they are bringing some positive attention to the state. I would have honestly loved to see the Sooners come away with the victory, but I never thought I would be as satisfied with a WVU win. This will probably be the first and last time I will ever say this... Congratulations, West Virginia.

[ QUOTE ]

I honestly felt like crying when I saw Schmitt tear up. He hs been my favorite player since he got to WVU and it is hard to see him go, but what a way to do it.

I don't see any reason why Bill Stewart will not be head coach next year.

Go EERS!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree i just fear that they already filled the job and just havent announced it . . .

I'm proud to be a "WEST 'BY GOD' VIRGINIAN"

Almost heaven, west virginia

Blue ridge mountains, shenandoah river

Life is old there, older than the trees

Younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze

Country roads, take me home

To the place, I be-long

West virginia, mountain momma

Take me home, country roads

All my memries, gather round her

Miners lady, stranger to blue water

Dark and dusty, painted on the sky

Misty taste of moonshine, teardrop in my eye

To the place, I be-long

I hear her voice, in the mornin hours she calls to me

The radio reminds me of my home far a-way

And drivin down the road I get a feeling

That I should have been home yesterday, yesterday

To the place, I be-long

[ QUOTE ]

ok i say we offer Mccgee a big name on the staff and more money than UM and keep him i think we can hire coach stew for free so we'll have plenty of extra money lol . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

haha that would be great to keep him..but he is definetly gone for good after tonight

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I cried.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he can cry then you can too! grin.gif You know I'm just picking JJ!

cry.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

haha I know. There is no crying baseball but there is football. Example: Owen Schmitt, [censored] Vermeil

Tito Gonzales and Coach Stew got me a little teary eyed as well. After Tito's TD catch he was ballin on the sideline. Then after the TD on the reverse, White came to the sideline and Coach Stew was showing so much emotion.

2008 Fiesta Bowl = The Notebook

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Even though i just somewhat bashed Devine on another thread, I would like to say that Owen Schmitt and Stewart both make me proud to live in WV. Id also like to say that i think devine is getting his act together from what they said last night.

They both show unbelieveable class and dedication and love to the state which i believe really is almost heaven. I am glad owen schmitt ended his career like that, and Stewart started his like that. congrats to both of them.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Even though i just somewhat bashed Devine on another thread, I would like to say that Owen Schmitt and Stewart both make me proud to live in WV. Id also like to say that i think devine is getting his act together from what they said last night.

They both show unbelieveable class and dedication and love to the state which i believe really is almost heaven. I am glad owen schmitt ended his career like that, and Stewart started his like that. congrats to both of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you know that Owen Schmitt is not even from West Virginia? That is something that a lot of people from around the country don't understand. When Coach Rod left it was more than just him leaving to go coach at Michigan. It was him leaving his alum and state. To hear a guy like Owen say that he loved the state really meant alot, considering he has only lived here for a few years. Somewhere along the way Coach Rod forgot where he came from.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you know that Owen Schmitt is not even from West Virginia? That is something that a lot of people from around the country don't understand. When Coach Rod left it was more than just him leaving to go coach at Michigan. It was him leaving his alum and state. To hear a guy like Owen say that he loved the state really meant alot, considering he has only lived here for a few years. Somewhere along the way Coach Rod forgot where he came from.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah as soon as i heard him say that last night i looked it up and saw that he was from fairfax, va.

This man is why I love football. I am a huge college football (WVU) fan. I love NFL, but never really had that favorite team. I will follow whereever he may go. He plays the game for the right reasons! He loves it....would play for free !